• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Gutho… Seriously? Both his knees are shot. Parramatta wouldn’t ship their captain early unless they knew something. He is shot. Besides there’s at least 5 or 6 super talented kids scattered around the league, stuck behind stars at their current club. I’d be trying to lure one of those on half the money Gutherson would want

Agreed, Gutho's elite career is on the decline. Still a good player but now heading into the journeyman phase of his career. I think his chances of being signed on good money by a top 8 team are nil.

'Tis just an idea. I just don't really want to watch Trell's body not be up to the rigours of a full season at the back... again.

As an aside, one of the best things Ciraldo did at the Dogs was withstand the temptation to move Stephen Crichton to fullback. He has a much better influence in his rightful position in the centres.

That’s easy to say when you can’t prove the Dogs wouldn’t have been better this season with Crichton getting the ball more at 1.

It wouldn't surprise me if WB is waiting to see the outcome of JAC and the dogs. STG have shown interest and have $$$, but he would probably come to us for less. That's the first place to look.

I wonder what is the hold up for JAC. Haven’t heard anything yet. On if he is staying or going

Word this week was his partner just had/was due to have a baby. He was focussing on that.
Thereafter I heard he is going to have a meeting with STG. I think JAC would come to us for less but STG will make a big offer as they are still trying to replace Lomax. JAC would be a good replacement for Lomax. He just has to learn to throw stupid flick passes to noone.🤣

Gutho… Seriously? Both his knees are shot. Parramatta wouldn’t ship their captain early unless they knew something. He is shot. Besides there’s at least 5 or 6 super talented kids scattered around the league, stuck behind stars at their current club. I’d be trying to lure one of those on half the money Gutherson would want
I agree. I wouldn't be looking at Gutho at all unless he's playing for match payments.

I think you have set your sights a bit too low. If you consider how long we were without players and with the players we had playing out of position, then in effect we have gained several top players for 2025. For eg, the injured Arrow is in for a fit Arrow. Graeme in for Kenner, Munro in for Gagai, Tatola in for Keppie, and it was like we didn't have Latrell at FB either. The players that played mostly in the individual positions in 2024 v 2025 is very different. 2025 is much stronger. Then, you can add on top of that what Wayne's presence and coaching brings to the team. I think you can aim considerably higher.
My worry is we are lacking some mongrel in the forward pack we need someone to take on that role. I at least feel a bit better about our halves depth next year at this stage.

If we start off well question will be can we keep it up through origin and the run home. No game is easy. We really need so much better luck with injury to be anywhere near top 4. I’m hoping Keaon can do a big job in the middle at prop I think he has to move there permanently. Out wide we will have to massively fix our defence in fact fix our defence across the park.

How we fair at 7 and 9 will have a big bearing on how we go plus hoping Trell and Cody stay fit and play many games.

We need our backs to make more metres to help out the forwards.

I think Wayne will improve us but top 4 might be out of reach. As others have said we still have some deadwood on the roster and questionable depth in some positions. I do think it’ll be a closer competition next year though.

I do think we will see a different South Sydney next year. I’m predicting 6th or 7th at this stage but would obviously love higher.

'Tis just an idea. I just don't really want to watch Trell's body not be up to the rigours of a full season at the back... again.

As an aside, one of the best things Ciraldo did at the Dogs was withstand the temptation to move Stephen Crichton to fullback. He has a much better influence in his rightful position in the centres.
Crichton isnt on as much as Latrell.

You cannot pay a guy 1 mill per year then have him parked on a left edge at centre hardly touching the ball some games.

Whighton at Centre made plenty of first carries. Whighton at 5/8 didn’t. Provided he plays centre he will make us yards on kick return…..

Also Whigton at either position doesn’t really have a passing game, so AJ, if he gets 12 more games next year won’t break the record in South’s colours imo….

Whighton at Centre made plenty of first carries. Whighton at 5/8 didn’t. Provided he plays centre he will make us yards on kick return…..

Also Whigton at either position doesn’t really have a passing game, so AJ, if he gets 12 more games next year won’t break the record in South’s colours imo….
Cody & Trell will cut Wighton out.

Latest posts

Back