• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

You start to think our side for 2025 is going to look very different.

But then, how do you argue with Mr Bennett.
2025 looking different from 2024, and 2023 for that matter, is a good thing.
Have to trust Wayne's to do finish the job he started.

But with Brandon Smith and de Belin? :(

I don't think Smith is a Bennett type player, I'd be shocked if he was interested in him.

de Belin I would not argue with even though I wouldn't sign him, but I can see reasons Bennett would want him.

Gathering my thoughts about next year, based on rumours and articles etc............................

We will be without Cook which places a different light on Mamo and also if we bring in another hooker.

We could be adding Aitken, de Belin and TPJ.

Interesting.

Don't care what animal he is.

He can play and can help win us a comp while also weakening the scum
Smith leaving actually strengthens the Rorters. How’s his Rorters career panned out?
My mind goes back to Paul Carter. That worked out well for us…..
No thanks. Wayne knows who he wants.
We can win a premiership without Smith.

I guess no one knows for sure, but it is looking more and more likely based on all rumours and alleged "done deal" posts floating around.

Personally I'd keep Cook as a 14 and also have him play some hooker to take a bit of pressure off Mamo which moves him towards playing longer minutes and developing more.
How do you justify keeping a $700,000 bench player? No thanks.

Have we seriously swapped Cook for De Belin?
The word ‘swap’ has the connotation that it’s an even trade between the 2 clubs. What’s probably happening is that a Souths player is being traded to the Dragons and a Dragons player is coming to Souths. The dollar values could be quite different.

Smith leaving actually strengthens the Rorters. How’s his Rorters career panned out?
My mind goes back to Paul Carter. That worked out well for us…..
No thanks. Wayne knows who he wants.
We can win a premiership without Smith.

What you talking about?

I'm talking about signing Angus

Expect a signing at hooker I guess, there is no way we’re relying on pete mam

Just mentioned in QLD news that TPJ could follow Bennett to Souths next year, he may be playing this week for the Dolphins.
TPJ is one guy I’d love to get to Souths.

He’s the mongrel in the pack we have desperately lacked since S.Burgess retired.

Offering him a career lifeline, we’d get him for “unders”, he’s versatile and if Wayne can get him firing again, he’s a representative quality forward.

Back