• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Anyways are we going to make any decent signings for next season...

Angus has been given a chance to prove his worth. His form has been outstanding - he’s playing for a contract and to thank the Roosters for having him in the family. No doubt Fifita is coming in and they’ll move Crighton on.

Angus has been given a chance to prove his worth. His form has been outstanding - he’s playing for a contract and to thank the Roosters for having him in the family. No doubt Fifita is coming in and they’ll move Crighton on.

No way, he will be re-signed now that he has found form.

They were planning on punting him otherwise.

Salary cap not an issue obviously

No way, he will be re-signed now that he has found form.

They were planning on punting him otherwise.

Salary cap not an issue obviously
They’ll upgrade him with the cap space made available by telling the media he’s going to French rugby.

Pretty hard to have them fit and focused when most of the time they were either injured or suspended. He's gone anyway so everyone can keep up the JD bashing when we start beating these lesser teams. It will all make sense for most on here then except the fitness argument. Unless of course we've suddenly gotten fit in two weeks under our former attack coach.
We arent gonna get fit anytime soon, that should have happened in the pre season - like it does for every other club who also had to deal with injuries etc.

You can blame injuries or suspensions all you like - but everyone knows we arent match fit and its common knowledge in league circles with people like Hindmarsh and Johns noticing it as well.

Its also clearly evident in our mounting injury toll, players arent conditioned for weekly football and are suffering injuries as a result.

We arent gonna get fit anytime soon, that should have happened in the pre season - like it does for every other club who also had to deal with injuries etc.

You can blame injuries or suspensions all you like - but everyone knows we arent match fit and its common knowledge in league circles with people like Hindmarsh and Johns noticing it as well.

Its also clearly evident in our mounting injury toll, players arent conditioned for weekly football and are suffering injuries as a result.
Please explain how an NRL team that's unfit could beat a team like the Bulldogs who have a well known fitness guru training them then ? If we're so unfit at this level we aren't beating anyone. Again as I've previously mentioned please show us the team fitness sheets to back up these comments.

Please explain how an NRL team that's unfit could beat a team like the Bulldogs who have a well known fitness guru training them then ? If we're so unfit at this level we aren't beating anyone. Again as I've previously mentioned please show us the team fitness sheets to back up these comments.
You dont need to see team fitness sheets to see a team is unfit.

Yobbo has posted the stats to show how much we fall away in the last 20 mins of each half. Part of that is lack of desire but it is also partly due to a lack of fitness.

Like i said previously, others with knowledge of what is required at NRL level have noticed it too.

Post-match, NRL greats Nathan Hindmarsh and Matty Johns said that it appeared during the loss and that try that South Sydney’s fitness was lacking.

“They don’t look fit enough for me,” Hindmarsh said.

“I totally agree,” Johns added.

“I was going to say that they just don’t look fit enough but then I thought, hang on a second, they’re an NRL team, surely they’re fit enough. But they’re not.”

You dont need to see team fitness sheets to see a team is unfit.

Yobbo has posted the stats to show how much we fall away in the last 20 mins of each half. Part of that is lack of desire but it is also partly due to a lack of fitness.

Like i said previously, others with knowledge of what is required at NRL level have noticed it too.

Post-match, NRL greats Nathan Hindmarsh and Matty Johns said that it appeared during the loss and that try that South Sydney’s fitness was lacking.

“They don’t look fit enough for me,” Hindmarsh said.

“I totally agree,” Johns added.

“I was going to say that they just don’t look fit enough but then I thought, hang on a second, they’re an NRL team, surely they’re fit enough. But they’re not.”

Of course you need to look at team fitness sheets. How are teams supposed to monitor fitness without testing ? Just because people outside the circle think someone's unfit means nothing until facts are presented. Those stats that Yobbo has presented also need to take into account how much time we had without possession and defending, which, given our poor handling and discipline in almost all our games this year, would definitely have been sapping energy from a team that was also coping with forwards playing in the backline and others being used in positions not normal to them. Any team in the competition is going to tire given all these factors. It's the teams like Penrith who have greater stats in this regard who are going to have more energy.

Those stats that Yobbo has presented also need to take into account how much time we had without possession and defending, which, given our poor handling and discipline in almost all our games this year,

Not sure why this is such a hard point for people to grasp. It’s clearly been the case and logical.
Its just lazy thinking to refuse to accept it

Not sure why this is such a hard point for people to grasp. It’s clearly been the case and logical.
Yes Captain you and Bundy really are struggling to accept logic and what is as clear as day

When a 31 year old shows up from another club and leads and wins all your fitness drills, it’s pretty evident that something has been lacking in your strength and conditioning department

But let’s ignore that fact, and vision of players being physically gassed, and conceding most of our points at the back end of halves.

I grasp the point.. but what the reason for those dropped balls and lack of possession comes from is low standards, no accountability and poor coaching.

Back