• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Ye might be proven wrong, however not sure it’s the huge game breaker they think it is.

It was no secret that the Roosters offered him more money. If the move to Sydney was on, then the Roosters would always cough up more than any competitor. At least there is little doubt that the cap space was there.

Ahh don't be cynical guys, he's willingly walking away from $350,000 a year to move to the most expensive part of the most expensive city in Australia!

What a gentleman.

Well Jackie boy did. Just saying.

What I find laughable is the supposed 4 million war chest they have.

Am I missing anyone here?

JWH
Manu
Keary
Tupou
Sualli

That puts those players departing on an average of 800k each.

If you then throw Teddy's wage in,

There 5.1million for 6 players leaving the rest of the squad, a squad including Chricton, Brandon Smith, Victoria Radley, Sam Walker etcetc fighting it out for a rough average of 250k each.

Ahh don't be cynical guys, he's willingly walking away from $350,000 a year to move to the most expensive part of the most expensive city in Australia!

What a gentleman.
But he likes to play lots of golf so he’ll be right.

I saw that his partner is with the Titans WNEL squad. Do the Roosters pick up a double signing probably and like us it’s one of the things Penrith don’t gave

Well Jackie boy did. Just saying.

What I find laughable is the supposed 4 million war chest they have.

Am I missing anyone here?

JWH
Manu
Keary
Tupou
Sualli

That puts those players departing on an average of 800k each.

If you then throw Teddy's wage in,

There 5.1million for 6 players leaving the rest of the squad, a squad including Chricton, Brandon Smith, Victoria Radley, Sam Walker etcetc fighting it out for a rough average of 250k each.

The war chest is BS.

Didn't JWH and Tupou re-sign for unders, which is how they justified keeping them with Leniu and Young signing? And didn't Suaalii take less money than we offered to "learn under Trent Robinson and SBW".

I don't believe any player signs anywhere for that much less coin. Jack reportedly signed for $150-200k less. I don't believe that either, TBH.

I remember reading at the start of this year (or maybe last year) about Peachey, on returning to the Panthers, goes to every training session nervous, because he knows he'll be tested by his team mates. All of them. Even the young ones coming through.
Now hindsight is 20/20 but when I think about it I can't see Fifita choosing that over the easy ride he thinks he will get at the Roosters. What makes the Roosters good at recruitment is they are good salesmen. They promise you the world but more often than not they give you an atlas.
And one other thing, I heard that when they were in year 12 in Queensland Fifita and Tevita Pangai Jr played for the same school team in Commonwealth Bank Cup or whatever it is these days. And they lost the GF. I want to know who played in the other team...

It’s all academic when it comes to the Roosters. The published figures could have no relationship to what he’ll actually pocket.
Realistically Penrith are far closer to another premiership than the Roosters who as we know are just as likely to fall into a hole as they are to making an impact in the finals.
Welcome to the Roosters….yay…

Brandon Smith wanked over them as if he was leaving the titans when he decided to join them.

It’s all academic when it comes to the Roosters. The published figures could have no relationship to what he’ll actually pocket.
Realistically Penrith are far closer to another premiership than the Roosters who as we know are just as likely to fall into a hole as they are to making an impact in the finals.
Welcome to the Roosters….yay…
And Angus will gladly give him his house for unders while he tries Union in Japan to come back to a pre- assured position when he wants to come back. The Rorters are in a different world to the rest of the NRL.

He is the one who failed to have the team ready to play NRL for 80 mins each week.

As head coach he needs to ensure they are fit and focused and he didnt do either.
Pretty hard to have them fit and focused when most of the time they were either injured or suspended. He's gone anyway so everyone can keep up the JD bashing when we start beating these lesser teams. It will all make sense for most on here then except the fitness argument. Unless of course we've suddenly gotten fit in two weeks under our former attack coach.

Back