• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

It’s not a rebuild, it’s a build again.

Which is still a clear as mud statement, but it was true then and it’s true now.

We have a great side.

It’s the 10% of squad turnover that’s going to have the impact. Along with the off field staff.
I agree, whilst there are pressing issues I‘m sure Wayne ( still an assumption that he’ll take the job) is very familiar with the make up of the roster, 80% of whom he coached into the 2021 GF. A substantial part of that roster is currently unavailable with a massive injury toll severely impacting our ability to get up off the floor. That situation should resolve itself before he’s officially back on board. The one comment I’ll make on that is the obvious concerns as to the how and why we find ourselves so severely hit with that level of injuries compared to the NRL average. Was it just an outlier season or do we have a deeper issue with conditioning, player fitness and preparation ?. Right now I’d say that the overall fitness appears lacking and it’s pretty clear that we have a real problem. Wayne should be right onto that as a first step. The conditioning and rehab set up should come under scrutiny.

You certainly need to replace Tom with quality.

Then Cook, Arrow, Murray, are quality.

Koloamatangi is too. He’s having the same issues Kikau, Fifita and NAS grew through. He’ll get there in the right environment.

Duncan and Mamouzelos are good prospects. As is Fletcher behind them.

Moale is finally starting to show what he can do, which is a bonus.

Throw a starting Burgess replacement in that pack with a solid edge option and it’s party time.

That’s catching up on recruitment, not a rebuild.

Last edited:
To a degree, yes. If there were just a handful of the players letting themselves down then I’d agree. But when 80% of our playing squad are all showing the same signs - that’s a coaching and culture issue.
It's mindset. You watch when we put it together against one these lower teams. The mindset will change and they'll all click into gear. They have become accustomed to losing and it's hard for them mentally to erase that. They were looking great against Penrith , but as soon as they lost Arrow and Penrith came back at them that mindset changed. Having to play plenty of your team out of position is certainly not going to help them click either.

To a degree, yes. If there were just a handful of the players letting themselves down then I’d agree. But when 80% of our playing squad are all showing the same signs - that’s a coaching and culture issue.
Agreed.

The players adhere to a program.

It would appear the program sucks.

Like it’s really awful. Toilet water stuff.

Agreed.

The players adhere to a program.

It would appear the program sucks.

Like it’s really awful. Toilet water stuff.
I get what everyone is saying about fitness but I think you are wide of the mark.
I bet you could get test Keaon this year and compare to las year and you would see very little difference in the physical side of things - the bloke has been playing for the 3 last months, he is fit.
It’s more about mindset - that 20m tap that Penrith scored there was probably 6 bloke that had the physical capacity to get back onside but mentally they decided it was too hard.
Those pre-season training camps, carrying boats, running all night, they are about building the mindset that when I’m fatigued, I show up for my teammate, I push through the pain.
There is so many reasons to say “I give up…” at t the moment, we are going to lose anyway, JD is going anyway, Trell is not doing it, we are not going go to make the finals, guys are injured…..I believe that JD has enabled that culture and mindset

I get what everyone is saying about fitness but I think you are wide of the mark.
I bet you could get test Keaon this year and compare to las year and you would see very little difference in the physical side of things - the bloke has been playing for the 3 last months, he is fit.
It’s more about mindset - that 20m tap that Penrith scored there was probably 6 bloke that had the physical capacity to get back onside but mentally they decided it was too hard.
Those pre-season training camps, carrying boats, running all night, they are about building the mindset that when I’m fatigued, I show up for my teammate, I push through the pain.
There is so many reasons to say “I give up…” at t the moment, we are going to lose anyway, JD is going anyway, Trell is not doing it, we are not going go to make the finals, guys are injured…..I believe that JD has enabled that culture and mindset
You may be right but why do we look good for the first 20 mins of each half then fade away?

That has to be partly due to a lack of fitness.

Exactly. Anyone who's played in losing teams certainly knows what's going on here. Not sure we can throw this on JD though. He wasn't the one losing it out there on the field.

Last edited:
It’s not just fitness.

It’s the intensity of work, drills, approach to systems, where you’re focussing your attention and how.

The messaging is wrong too. Clearly. And on the off chance it’s right, they don’t understand it.

Exactly. Anyone who's played in losing teams certainly knows what's going on here. Not sure we can throw this on JD though. He wasn't the one losing it out there on the field.
He is the one who failed to have the team ready to play NRL for 80 mins each week.

As head coach he needs to ensure they are fit and focused and he didnt do either.

Seems a few here had premature jubilation in saying Politis has lost his touch around getting his man.

Back