• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I feel really uncomfortable about Gagai going to the scum.

I think at the right price we need a big body like him on the wing.

They were just saying on NRL360 that they think Mr Bennett will move on MCK, Host, Havili and try to work a deal with swapping JMK for Cook, but keep Cook at the club in another role.
They are talking bollocks.

They have no idea.

James Graham is convinced the squad requires a massive rebuild. Dunce. These are the same guys that looked at our squad to start the year and said we’d make the 8.

They then threw out a couple of random names to stimulate the discussion.

It’s nonsense.

They are talking bollocks.

They have no idea.

James Graham is convinced the squad requires a massive rebuild. Dunce. These are the same guys that looked at our squad to start the year and said we’d make the 8.

They then threw out a couple of random names to stimulate the discussion.

It’s nonsense.
While I agree 100% on them having no idea, I wouldn’t rule out Cook being told to shop around if he wants to keep playing past his current contract.

While I agree 100% on them having no idea, I wouldn’t rule out Cook being told to shop around if he wants to keep playing past his current contract.
The one part that seemed to be based on some fact, was the notion Cook will move into an off field role at the end of this contract. So yeah, 18 more months.

The one part that seemed to be based on some fact, was the notion Cook will move into an off field role at the end of this contract. So yeah, 18 more months.

My fault, I didn't explain correctly about the time frame around this. They never suggested Cook was out the door, they more said it was a part of a transition period.

My fault, I didn't explain correctly about the time frame around this. They never suggested Cook was out the door, they more said it was a part of a transition period.
Hmmm, they intimated he would be one to likely be tapped on the shoulder to leave (along with the likes of Host, Havili, etc), which in turn (if it happened) could counter the original plan of finishing out his current deal and moving into the off field staff. They suggested a swap for Jeremy Marshall King.
But at least highlighted the fact that they are both managed by the same person, so it would have to be transparent.

It’s was made up conjecture.

Like someone on here going ‘you know what I think Wayne should do…’.

All based around their assessment that Wayne won’t be able to do anything here as we don’t have the cattle. Unlike Parra.

Last edited:
Hmmm, they intimated he would be one to likely be tapped on the shoulder to leave (along with the likes of Host, Havili, etc), which in turn (if it happened) could counter the original plan of finishing out his current deal and moving into the off field staff. They suggested a swap for Jeremy Marshall King.
But at least highlighted the fact that they are both managed by the same person, so it would have to be transparent.

It’s was made up conjecture.

Like someone on here going ‘you know what I think Wayne should do…’.

All based around their assessment that Wayne won’t be able to do anything here as we don’t have the cattle. Unlike Parra.

I think they ae right to a degree, can't see Mr Bennett holding on to some of the guys we have on contract, he'll be looking for players with a different work ethic.

Hopefully.

I’ve said repeatedly that I don’t believe that the club is a rebuild proposition, it needs a reboot and a very specific recruitment strategy. From what I’ve read the consensus seems to be that we are short of quality in the middle and losing Tom will add to that problem. The market for good NRL level front rowers is very tight and I reckon the majority of clubs in the market are chasing the same type of player. It sort of makes sense that Mark Ellison has a shopping list which includes middle forwards and he’s in England to see if there are targets in the ESL. Obviously the primary objective is to seal the Dodd signing but he’s reportedly also sniffing out possible front row recruits there. In all of this we are led to believe that there’s also a plan to bolster our wing/centre stocks given the state of our outside backs.
Fingers crossed that something can happen with Caleb Clarke.

I’ve said repeatedly that I don’t believe that the club is a rebuild proposition, it needs a reboot and a very specific recruitment strategy. From what I’ve read the consensus seems to be that we are short of quality in the middle and losing Tom will add to that problem. The market for good NRL level front rowers is very tight and I reckon the majority of clubs in the market are chasing the same type of player. It sort of makes sense that Mark Ellison has a shopping list which includes middle forwards and he’s in England to see if there are targets in the ESL. Obviously the primary objective is to seal the Dodd signing but he’s reportedly also sniffing out possible front row recruits there. In all of this we are led to believe that there’s also a plan to bolster our wing/centre stocks given the state of our outside backs.
Fingers crossed that something can happen with Caleb Clarke.
It’s not a rebuild, it’s a build again.

Which is still a clear as mud statement, but it was true then and it’s true now.

We have a great side.

It’s the 10% of squad turnover that’s going to have the impact. Along with the off field staff.

It’s not a rebuild, it’s a build again.
One of the great Richo lines.

Still trying to figure out whether there is some substance to it, or just weasel words for the media.

What we really need to rebuild, or build again, is our forward pack. It is not top 4 standard. It is barely top 8 material.

I'll judge our pack under better coaching. They lack in effort areas across the board. Literally everyone except Murray and Cook are lazy. That's on coaching and standards.

Back