• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

On the subject of dumb journos I was reading an article yesterday which was prefaced around this nong‘s belief that Wayne’s success at the Dolphins wouldn’t apply to the job at Souths. This is the line that I couldn’t get past:

the Dolphins has been about not getting beat more than it has been on winning.

Hmmm….So……logically if you play to not get beat then you must be playing to win….

I didn’t read beyond that ridiculous line. He may as well have said if we stop them scoring more points than us then we can’t lose.

I wonder if Rupert is already using AI to replace the (almost) human journos ?.

The Dolphins have been about not playing any of the top teams TBH

On the subject of dumb journos I was reading an article yesterday which was prefaced around this nong‘s belief that Wayne’s success at the Dolphins wouldn’t apply to the job at Souths. This is the line that I couldn’t get past:

Hmmm….So……logically if you play to not get beat then you must be playing to win….

I didn’t read beyond that ridiculous line. He may as well have said if we stop them scoring more points than us then we can’t lose.

I can tell you that AI has far better sentence structure and grammar than that sentence.

On behalf of AI bots everywhere I am upset with your remark sir! 😂

I think the journo in question was just trying to find a more interesting way of saying "the Dolphins are coached with an emphasis on defence". That is so boring though.

No not in the least confused, totally understood what was written, and i can accept the journo wrote it badly if his intention was for people to use a different equation for one wage comparison out of the three.

Stupid, but then he is a journo I assume.
Well if you were not confused why did you ask the question:

“Why would you play at the Titans for 500k per season when others are offering you 825 to 850K?”

You assertion was that the Titans were paying $500k not you are saying you understood what was written, that is confusing!

I can tell you that AI has far better sentence structure and grammar than that sentence.

On behalf of AI bots everywhere I am upset with your remark sir! 😂
Yeah, well I‘m thinking Rupert bought the prototype to save a few bucks…..it didn’t get the full brain inplant.

Last edited:
Well if you were not confused why did you ask the question:

“Why would you play at the Titans for 500k per season when others are offering you 825 to 850K?”
Because some of you got confused about the wage and used different equations for the wage comparisons. It definitely confused some of you.

Out of curiosity why did you decide to use a different method for the Titans offer when they were communicated in the same way?

Out of curiosity why did you decide to use a different method for the Titans offer when they were communicated in the same way?
Ok, I'll bite.
They weren't communicated the same way.
Either way, it's a journo **** up

I think the journo in question was just trying to find a more interesting way of saying "the Dolphins are coached with an emphasis on defence". That is so boring though.
Which is exactly what wins games, particularly at the NRL level and it goes hand in hand with the maxim that defense is all about attitude…..
If Wayne focusses on fixing attitudes we’ll see our defense improve dramatically.
The author of that article needs an uppercut.

Because some of you got confused about the wage and used different equations for the wage comparisons. It definitely confused some of you.

Mate just admit that you got it wrong and let's all move on. 😉

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back