• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

Sua has a lot of good qualities.

But let’s not pretend he didn’t have the same problems Koloamatangi did while he was here.

He got dropped for deficiencies in his game around effort. Was only injury that saw him get back in the starting side in the run to the 2021 GF (he was good on return).

Very similar players in a way. Sua has some more sting in D, Koloamatangi has some more sting in the opposition 30.

I’d prefer we looked for an out and out worker to compliment Keaon.

Which is why it’s frustrating not to have Duncan on an edge.

Mind you, if the cap stuff works and Wayne wants Sua, have at it.

Sua has a lot of good qualities.

But let’s not pretend he didn’t have the same problems Koloamatangi did while he was here.

He got dropped for deficiencies in his game around effort. Was only injury that saw him get back in the starting side in the run to the 2021 GF (he was good on return).

Very similar players in a way. Sua has some more sting in D, Koloamatangi has some more sting in the opposition 30.

I’d prefer we looked for an out and out worker to compliment Keaon.

Which is why it’s frustrating not to have Duncan on an edge.

Mind you, if the cap stuff works and Wayne wants Sua, have at it.
Su'A has taken a step up and grown a leg the last 12 months at the Dragons. He's a more complete player now and I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Still only 26 years old, too.

Why would you play at the Titans for 500k per season when others are offering you 825 to 850K?

Su'A has taken a step up and grown a leg the last 12 months at the Dragons. He's a more complete player now and I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Still only 26 years old, too.
I had no idea he was still so young. I was a bit underwhelmed by the idea of him returning but the combination of him playing under Wayne and that he’d be coming into peak age turns doubt into interest pretty quickly for me

Why would you play at the Titans for 500k per season when others are offering you 825 to 850K?
It’s $1 million per season. The negative is that it’s for 2 years. Panther/Rorters give longer contracts plus chance to win a comp. If Titans offer to extend current contract for a year or two more, I reckon he stays. Lazy option player.

The text read:

Penrith’s offer is 3 years for around $2.55 million.
Divided by 3 for 3 seasons equals 850K a season.

Roosters offer is 4 years for around $3.3 million.
Divided by 4 for 4 seasons equals 825k a season.

Titans option is for around $1 million for 2 years.
Divided by 2 for 2 seasons equals 500k a season.

Why would anyone use one equation for the first two offers and a different one for the third offer?

The text read:

Why would anyone use one equation for the first two offers and a different one for the third offer?
To save you the trouble of Googling I did it for you

“The club was able to re-sign both men, but it was revealed Fifita has a clause in his contract which means he has to trigger an option for next season by round 10.

His contract at the Titans is reportedly worth $1 million per year, which means he would be taking a paycut to join the reigning premiers”

The text read:

Because reporters are morons

To save you the trouble of Googling I did it for you

“The club was able to re-sign both men, but it was revealed Fifita has a clause in his contract which means he has to trigger an option for next season by round 10.

His contract at the Titans is reportedly worth $1 million per year, which means he would be taking a paycut to join the reigning premiers”
Don't need to Google, what they wrote is clear.

Well you do need google because you were confused by what you read…..
No not in the least confused, totally understood what was written, and i can accept the journo wrote it badly if his intention was for people to use a different equation for one wage comparison out of the three.

Stupid, but then he is a journo I assume.

Back