• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

This Nov 1 rule is laughable. As if a club like the Roosters don't have ways around that. A family member on behalf of said player might happen to show up at a golf course around the same time as a well known car salesman. Who knows ? In saying that I'd be highly surprised if he wants to go anywhere.
35b4eb_8b832c1a3308497ea49cab64bf7f788c~mv2.jpg

This Nov 1 rule is laughable. As if a club like the Roosters don't have ways around that. A family member on behalf of said player might happen to show up at a golf course around the same time as a well known car salesman. Who knows ? In saying that I'd be highly surprised if he wants to go anywhere.
The point is, it’s all scuttlebutt until at least that date. And even then, any deal is for 12 months later.

It isn’t an impediment to clubs subverting the rules.

But it does allow fans to ignore speculation like this Tallis Duncan stuff for a time.

If the Roosters have got under our guard and signed Duncan, ahead of the deadline, for 2026, so be it (I mean it would suck, but we still have 18 months of service to look forward to).

It also provides the club up till that Nov 1 date to perhaps resolve the situation and retain the player. Given they can’t do anything official till that time.

Dane will be 34 in January. It will be interesting to see how Dane performs there next year.
Seems an odd signing - I doubt they are the highest bidder and he would be moving to the most expensive part of Australia.
It’s not like he has history with the club either?
I would have thought he would go back to Queensland

Latest posts

Back