• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

I do remember Amone. From memory he and Tats were the 2 vying for top grade at the time with Junior going on to be the dominant player. Tom played 9 games for us. Like Junior he had a nice step for a big man! Both are 27.

I recall Amone with us.

Had some quite impressive games. Physical, could break the line and had an offload and some were talking him up as the next big thing and not just Souths fans.

He just seemed to vanish.
I may be doing him a disservice but I have a recollection of some behavioural issues with him and he was released.

Again could be completely wrong on this.

I also remember he was a bit of an aggressive tough nut, which would be good to have right about now.

With the planned changes to the English game, re tackles, etc, we might see some more poms jump ship.

Graham was saying on bye round that the insurance for ESL is too great for them to afford, so they need to actively lower their risk profile. Lowering the tackle target, limit on middle forward minutes, etc.

I may be doing him a disservice but I have a recollection of some behavioural issues with him and he was released.

I also remember he was a bit of an aggressive tough nut, which would be good to have right about now.
You recall correctly I believe .

From callmck way back

”Tom Amone: Heading into 2020, I was hoping this was going to be a real break out Season for Tom. He had the size, he had the skill, he had the power. In his couple of games early in the Season, I thought this was looking to be the case as he showed great signs. However, a cruel injury in Round 6 against the Warriors sadly ended his Season. I’m a bit saddened we’re not retaining him for 2021 to be honest as I think he has huge potential”

Brendan 299
”Amone was off contract and wont be resigned we have too many middle forwards and he is out long term with an ACL”

Last edited:
I dont know anything of the 3 English lads. From a poke around Delaney seems the youngest/best prospect, Holroyd the angry one and Dupree seems cop the most flack (despite being the one whos an international!)
Nothing to be embarrassed about, I don’t think Elo does either

He’s been given a list, now he just has to get it done

Would of preferred it stayed in house until he gets it done

You’d have to think Amone and Holroyd most likely given they are off contract or have 12 months to run. The others still have 2-3 years to go..
2-3 years wouldn't be a huge problem, It would mean we pay a transfer fee to make it happen

I do remember Amone. From memory he and Tats were the 2 vying for top grade at the time with Junior going on to be the dominant player. Tom played 9 games for us. Like Junior he had a nice step for a big man! Both are 27.
Isn't he only 180cm (short for a prop now days)?

Latest posts

Back