• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

he still needs to find a better deal elsewhere. Whether that be opportunity or money.

Further to that, Anasta was quite clear that Lachy loves the club and doesn’t want to leave. He’s shicked at the outcome than Anasta is clearly pushing

Everyone talks about us letting Reynolds go, but the bigger blunder was letting Bennett go.

Why did we need a succession plan?

If Wayne was happy then why not re-sign him and keep him here?
I agree losing Wayne was the bigger blow, but I think he wanted to move back to QLD if I’m not mistaken

More you can’t have a backup half on 500k.

Plus, they’ve given him permission, he still needs to find a better deal elsewhere. Whether that be opportunity or money.
Not sure Lachy gets that kinda coin anywhere else to be honest.

If he really wants to leave maybe he should look at going to Penrith and taking a pay cut to play 6 outside Cleary.

I agree losing Wayne was the bigger blow, but I think he wanted to move back to QLD if I’m not mistaken
If Wayne really wanted to go then there isnt much we could do i guess.

But it just seems strange that he keeps signing these 2-3 year deals with succession plans but still wants to coach.

He loved his time with us as well so its just very strange.

Be very weird timing to do so considering we play Thursday. Should have been done after the Sharks game. Being that we had the bye would have been perfect timing for it.
Nah, no advantage after the bye.
Imagine, interim coach has a week during the bye, inherits JD’s mess, then they get towelled up by Storm and Panthers.
Telecrap and NRL720 (Bwaith goes around in circles!) would have a field day.
We’ve come this far, allow Thursday to take its course and then act….

Yeah, Wayne wanted to go back to QLD.

Id say if Kevie, Des or Todd got punted in the next few weeks we’d be longer odds to sign Bennett. Just there aren’t any head coaching jobs in QLD.

More you can’t have a backup half on 500k.

Plus, they’ve given him permission, he still needs to find a better deal elsewhere. Whether that be opportunity or money.
I thought he was on $300k?

Yeah, Wayne wanted to go back to QLD.

Id say if Kevie, Des or Todd got punted in the next few weeks we’d be longer odds to sign Bennett. Just there aren’t any head coaching jobs in QLD.
Wayne and the Shonks would never do business again….

I thought he was on $300k?
I thought there was speculation he got a 500k deal? I might be misremembering.

300k feels like under considering he signed it end 2022 on the back of a Prelim run where he was playing good defensive footy and the team was holding its own.

Latest posts

Back