• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

They might just be looking for a replacement in the halves, possibly number 6?
And he does connection with uncle Nick🤷🏻

St Helens halfback Lewis Dodd signs with South Sydney for 2025; Lachlan Ilias contract | Daily Telegraph​

South Sydney halfback Lachlan Ilias has been granted permission to explore his options at rival clubs as he heads toward the exit door at the Rabbitohs.
This masthead understands that Ilias’ manager Braith Anasta formally applied for permission to negotiate with rival clubs on Monday morning in the wake of revelations that St Helens playmaker Lewis Dodd would join the Rabbitohs next year.

Souths have now given him permission to negotiate, meaning Ilias is officially on the open market. A handful of clubs are potentially in the market for playmakers including the Bulldogs, Gold Coast Titans, North Queensland and Penrith.

Lachlan Ilias has been given permission to talk to rival clubs. Picture: NRL Imagery

Lachlan Ilias has been given permission to talk to rival clubs. Picture: NRL Imagery
The Sydney Roosters are also set to enter the halves market after Luke Keary announced he would retire at the end of the season.

Ilias, recovering from a broken leg, will now appear on their radar as he looks for a new home in the NRL next season.

He has 12 months left on his contract with Souths and has always been reluctant to leave the Rabbitohs even though others in his circle believed it would be the best thing for his future.

The human being in me wants to wish Luke Keary all the best in retirement. He's made the right call for his long-term health. He was part of our 2014 Premiership... a small part... but a part nonetheless. The Rabbitoh in me doesn't care.

P.S. And for the hand-wringers worried that Ilias will replicate Keary and excel at Easts. Remember, Keary was really good for us. Injury prone but good. Sadly, Lachie hasn't been. Dodd is an upgrade.

Rather we let cook explore his options.

I would rather hold on to Illias and see how he goes under a good coach.

But if it frees cash for quality signing then I'm cool but only if that's the case

Would be a kick in the balls if we let Reynolds go for Ilias, who flopped, and then let Ilias go for Dodd, only for Ilias to kill it elsewhere, while Dodd fails here.

I don’t think we have to worry though.

I can’t see Ilias reaching any jealousy-inducing height. You need a half with a ceiling of fringe rep selection and I think Ilias’ ceiling is a touch below that.

Would be a kick in the balls if we let Reynolds go for Ilias, who flopped, and then let Ilias go for Dodd, only for Ilias to kill it elsewhere, while Dodd fails here.
Don't make me think about a scenario such as that !!!
3411273.png

I don’t think we have to worry though.

I can’t see Ilias reaching any jealousy-inducing height. You need a half with a ceiling of fringe rep selection and I think Ilias’ ceiling is a touch below that.
You're right, remember Lachie's reaction to Dean getting promoted? Only positive.

Seriously they cannot let a good back up half leave? Like for real

Cody and Cooky would be who you look at to release early to free up cash.

I can’t believe releasing Lachie is an option

Last edited:
Back