• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

100%.

Except Keppie. :)

And TBF, I’ve seen enough of Milne and Chee Kam, who are off contract anyway. Solid effort and have some experience, but let’s mix it up some and maybe aim for a higher ceiling.

Everyone else in the 30 gets a pass from me. :)
You watch every game and the question is always "do these guys train??"

It's all coaching, not talent.

Some reserve graders aside, If they actually get proper fit, play to a structured game plan, and still stink it up, then we move them on.

But we need to actually give them a proper environment to thrive first and foremost.

However, if any of them are part of the reason our training/enviroment is lazy/sloppy/without consequence... they can move on too. Whatever their surname is.

Because he main position he played in was a 5/8, that’s where he won the Dally M medal in and where he played in the grand final for the Raiders
Yet has been constantly selected in the centres at rep level. Has performed well there for us. One of the very few things that we have got right of late.

At the time that Jack was signed we didn’t have an issue with our fullback. I still believe that Latrell is our best fullback. The issue there isn’t his ability, but his form.

Believe it or not the main position he played throughout his career was fullback. He has played fullback, wing, centre and 5/8.

As for the position he played in the grand final I don’t really care. As he is best served right now in the centres. There is something wrong if you want to bag the signing of Jack Wighton.

You watch every game and the question is always "do these guys train??"

It's all coaching, not talent.

Some reserve graders aside, If they actually get proper fit, play to a structured game plan, and still stink it up, then we move them on.

But we need to actually give them a proper environment to thrive first and foremost.

However, if any of them are part of the reason our training/enviroment is lazy/sloppy/without consequence... they can move on too. Whatever their surname is.
Yep agreed.

I honestly wonder sometimes what we do at training when you see some of what occurs out on the field on match day.

I also agree with Poet that guys like Milne, Chee Kam and even Host have hit their ceiling. They are never going to get any better and are just halting the progress of a young talented winger/backrower who could play above their pay grade.

The only way you get success out of the salary cap is to get guys playing above their value - we saw that in 2014 when we had the AJ, Walker and others come through and the likes of Reynolds, Keary and George starting to emerge and play well above their contract value.

Yet has been constantly selected in the centres at rep level. Has performed well there for us. One of the very few things that we have got right of late.

At the time that Jack was signed we didn’t have an issue with our fullback. I still believe that Latrell is our best fullback. The issue there isn’t his ability, but his form.

Believe it or not the main position he played throughout his career was fullback. He has played fullback, wing, centre and 5/8.

As for the position he played in the grand final I don’t really care. As he is best served right now in the centres. There is something wrong if you want to bag the signing of Jack Wighton.

We had issues with the fullback role. You could tell that Latrell wasn’t up for the role from the start. Winning games just hide that fact. He is lazy in that role, so to say we didn’t have issues with the fullback role is 100% BS

We had issues with the fullback role. You could tell that Latrell wasn’t up for the role from the start. Winning games just hide that fact. He is lazy in that role, so to say we didn’t have issues with the fullback role is 100% BS
Seriously stop it. Winning games hides the fact?

You must have a very short memory. 2022 we were struggling. Didn’t look like making the 8. Was it just coincidence that we went on a run when Latrell returned?

Did you not watch him in previous years? It’s funny how often people re-write history with players because of our performances now.

I think I really need to learn to take the advice that @yobbo84 said yesterday.

Still waiting for Ethan O’Neill to bite us on the bum.

You must have a very short memory. 2022 we were struggling. Didn’t look like making the 8. Was it just coincidence that we went on a run when Latrell returned?

Did you not watch him in previous years? It’s funny how often people re-write history with players because of our performances now.

Is Latrell lazy at fullback yes or no?

Has that always been the way with him at the back doesn’t get involved much? Lazy in cover defence? He doesn’t have the same impact at fullback as some of the best fullbacks in the game eg Dylan Edwards.

This was all happening when we were winning, so yes my statement is right. Winning games just covered up his laziness.

Is Latrell lazy at fullback yes or no?

Has that always been the way with him at the back doesn’t get involved much? Lazy in cover defence? He doesn’t have the same impact at fullback as some of the best fullbacks in the game eg Dylan Edwards.

This was all happening when we were winning, so yes my statement is right. Winning games just covered up his laziness.
You know in 2021 Damien Cooks vs Cameron Smtih - Cook ran 1200m more and made 600 more tackles vs Smith…..I have no doubt Cook worked significantly harder over the season. I also know who the better hooker was by a long way.

Don’t get me wrong Trell is hopelessly out of form and is too inconsistent but when he has been at his best he is a better FB than Edwards by a country mile.

Last edited:

Hey Kempy, from past experience you will get very frustrated arguing with Rsag. ;)

You know in 2021 Damien Cooks vs Cameron Smtih - Cook ran 1200m more and made 600 more tackles vs Smith…..I have no doubt Cook worked significantly harder over the season. I also know who the better hooker was by a long way.

Don’t get me wrong Trell is hopelessly out of form and is too inconsistent but when he has been at his best he is a better FB than Edwards by a country mile.

In attack maybe but it’s all the same things that a good fullback does that Latrell never will have in his game and this is why he isn’t a elite fullback.

Best position that will always suit Latrell abilities is centre

That is why we needed to sign a fullback that would have done everything that a world class fullback would do.

There was no need to sign a 5/8 to play centre. It’s like signing Turbo also a rep centre to play centre. So to use Wighton is a rep centre as reason to play him there is just silly.

Yes there was. He’s proving it by icing the plays laid on for him and the space he’s creating
we needed a centre

Just because you play 1 to 3 games a year at rep level doesn’t make you a full time centre.

As I said before we had the answer already for our centre pairing in Latrell and Graham.

Remember at the start of last year? Graham was the in form centre in the NRL until he got injured.

And Latrell won grand finals and killed it at centre in his Roosters days. He was the most dangerous player during that period.

So that’s your answer in the centre’s.
This is why we should of went for a classy fullback

Just because you play 1 to 3 games a year at rep level doesn’t make you a full time centre.

As I said before we had the answer already for our centre pairing in Latrell and Graham.

Remember at the start of last year? Graham was the in form centre in the NRL until he got injured.

And Latrell won grand finals and killed it at centre in his Roosters days. He was the most dangerous player during that period.

we’ll just have to disagree👐. Graham right centre , Jack left and Trell out the back of Cody is a much better combo in my mind

GI won grand finals in other positions too.

But he suited our needs best at fullback and that was ultimately proven to be the correct decision in 2014.

GI won grand finals in other positions too.

But he suited our needs best at fullback and that was ultimately proven to be the correct decision in 2014.

There no comparing GI to Latrell.

GI is just one of those special type of footballers

There no comparing GI to Latrell.

GI is just one of those special type of footballers
Plenty have compared GI to Latrell.

Latrell got those comparisons a lot when he came into grade.

Fact is - Souths fans complained about GI being lazy and how he should be moved to centre where he was successful at Origin.

Latest posts

Back