• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

From what I’ve seen at Manly with Keppie he is much better than what we have seen here. Yes he has some handling issues.

I never expected him to be a champion. Thought he’d be good bench rotation with a bit of aggro which we lack bu5 being thrust into a bigger role has seen him not handle the pressure that comes with it.
Heres here now, with the addition of a couple more forwards he could still be of value

Just debunking the whole theory of our recruitment. I know it hasn’t been great. Far from it. One recruitment I wouldn’t be bagging is Jack Wighton. Who cares who he is mates with
I too like the Wighton signing. Not thrilled with the length of term but sometimes you have to give to get.
That said my issue with it was again it wasn’t planned. No one at the club saw Tass as an issue and were happy to run with him again
There was no hit list, we didn’t look at Farnsworth and Sam went rogue in trying to secure Young
Wighton was signed on Trells suggestion and back by Cam and CG
It just highlights the lack of planning and foresight by JD and Ellison
From what I’ve seen at Manly with Keppie he is much better than what we have seen here. Yes he has some handling issues. But it’s easier to said than done in getting rid of players. Can’t see anyone banging the door down to get him.
Agree, although I still think we should of gone after Leo Thompson first who was on minimum wage at the Knights before his extension
Again Keppie was more opportunistic than pre planning

It is interesting the rumoured recruitment drive is about to commence which suggests to me JD is well and truly done and someone else is pulling the strings
It’s funny how since our demise certain posters that haven’t been part of The Pride for long periods have found their way back.

Just debunking the whole theory of our recruitment. I know it hasn’t been great. Far from it. One recruitment I wouldn’t be bagging is Jack Wighton. Who cares who he is mates with.

From what I’ve seen at Manly with Keppie he is much better than what we have seen here. Yes he has some handling issues. But it’s easier to said than done in getting rid of players. Can’t see anyone banging the door down to get him.

It’s funny how since our demise certain posters that haven’t been part of The Pride for long periods have found their way back.

The problem with Jack Wighton is plan and simple

He is not the answer for our centre problems. I said this when we signed the guy.

The club should of fix the problems with our recruitment drive last year.

Hopefully by the end of the season the dead wood at the club is all gone and we get some fresh faces in that can make a difference to the squad

In essence our cap is top loaded with players in their twilight seasons and their value for money equation isn’t working in our favour, specifically Cook and Walker. Not to mention Latrell who has been hit and miss with week to week availability. Just below that level we have the likes of Graham, Koalamatangi, Johnston, Arrow, Tatola who are either struggling for form or missing due to injury. The cap investment only works in our favour when the dollars are returning a dividend and right now that would be pretty much confined to Cam Murray and Jack Wighton and a couple of younger players.
We are leaning on our reserve depth which as we are seeing isn’t great.

Last edited:
It is interesting the rumoured recruitment drive is about to commence which suggests to me JD is well and truly done and someone else is pulling the strings
It will be telling for JD if he wasn’t made aware of it. Although listening to his press conference the other day he pretty much admitted without admitting it that he was expecting that tap on the shoulder.

The problem with Jack Wighton is plan and simple

He is not the answer for our centre problems. I said this when we signed the guy.

The club should of fix the problems with our recruitment drive last year.

Hopefully by the end of the season the dead wood at the club is all gone and we get some fresh faces in that can make a difference to the squad
Well considering he is one of our only guys standing up he seems to be holding his own.

I don’t get how an international centre wouldn’t be the answer to our “centre problems”.

Well considering he is one of our only guys standing up he seems to be holding his own.

I don’t get how an international centre wouldn’t be the answer to our “centre problems”.

Its laughable to suggest he isn’t.
constantly finding space down the left. Achieved more than any other centre has for the past 3 years since Gagai left.

Could tidy his defense up a tad but he’s a massive plus for us

Wighton is a good get.

He’s experienced, elite, a leader, plays tough, is a good squad guy, and most importantly, as an ageing player, he’s versatile.

Fullback, centre, 5/8, backrow, super utility.

He’ll be useful at NRL level as long as his body holds up.

It will be telling for JD if he wasn’t made aware of it. Although listening to his press conference the other day he pretty much admitted without admitting it that he was expecting that tap on the shoulder.
Put it in the other thread but I’m pretty confident he is gone. Penrith will be his last game and I’m assuming he knows what’s coming.

Put it in the other thread but I’m pretty confident he is gone. Penrith will be his last game and I’m assuming he knows what’s coming.
I guess he could console himself with the fact that a high percentage of NRL coaches end up in the same boat. They’re not all Wayne Bennett’s or Craig Bellamy’s enjoying long tenures in their first assignments.

Wighton is a good get.

He’s experienced, elite, a leader, plays tough, is a good squad guy, and most importantly, as an ageing player, he’s versatile.

Fullback, centre, 5/8, backrow, super utility.

He’ll be useful at NRL level as long as his body holds up.
He has been far and away our best player this season.

He has been far and away our best player this season.
Absolutely and it’s just a shame that he has had to shine without much in the way of contribution from the rest of the team. The ironic thing is he’s likely to be on Maguires shopping list for Origin selection and you couldn’t blame him for ‘unretiring’ to get back into that arena. Take him out of our team and the season takes another hit.

Because he main position he played in was a 5/8, that’s where he won the Dally M medal in and where he played in the grand final for the Raiders.

plus we already had two outstanding centres in the club with Latrell Mitchell and Campbell Graham

Fullback is the position we should if recruited for not the centres

I'm happy to give most of the Top 30 another chance under some actual coaching before I write them off
100%.

Except Keppie. :)

And TBF, I’ve seen enough of Milne and Chee Kam, who are off contract anyway. Solid effort and have some experience, but let’s mix it up some and maybe aim for a higher ceiling.

Everyone else in the 30 gets a pass from me. :)

Back