• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

The one thing that is broadly certain is that very few people will know the detail of what Wayne is thinking - let it unfold as it will
You can certainly guess based on what’s happened previously.

If Wayne feels a clean out is necessary, he’s not scared to tap up club legends and high paid favorites. Lewis, Sivoniceva, Ryles all have been tapped up in past clean outs. There have been others as well.

He has a very distinct type of team he likes to build and ours looks nothing like it at the moment. Particularly the back row.

I doubt he waits 12 months until a lot of contracts are up either. There will be changes. Players released to free up room to pick up players in the Bennett mold. You can guarantee it because it’s been done several times before.

Wayne won’t want to build for a premiership tilt in three years, he’ll be trying to build a competitive team to give it a shake next year.

N
I still say backrow is where I'm looking for talent. Arrow and Keaon are 50-55 minute middles masquerading as 80 minute second rowers.

That and a hard running winger. Unless Mellars or someone can step up.
No complaints there.

We probably are a little more stacked (star/cap-wise) in the backline.

Wayne has a definite back row type and not many of ours fit the mold.

I see Ray Stone is off contract at the dolphins. He is definitely the sort of player I can see Wayne bringing with him. He is the prototypical Wayne back rower. No frills. Runs hard, tackles hard.

Wayne has a definite back row type and not many of ours fit the mold.

I see Ray Stone is off contract at the dolphins. He is definitely the sort of player I can see Wayne bringing with him. He is the prototypical Wayne back rower. No frills. Runs hard, tackles hard.
True. He did bring Sua (who was out of form at the time) in pretty quick when he got here last time.

Re: Dolphins, he did say he wouldn’t be taking anyone they want to keep. He kept his word there when he said the same about Souths. So I wouldn’t get too excited about a Dolphins exodus of quality.

He’s more likely to pull a string at the Broncos. A place he does not have a ‘no-go’ order on. :)

I'm not expert on front rowers, but it feels like Davvy's confidence doesn't match his talent. You'd think that's the kind of player who'd be in the slot for a man manager like Bennett.
Agreed. He showed a glimpse of what an acclimatised, confident Davvy might bring a few weeks back against the Sharks or Panthers (or both?).

He probably could have used a little more time in the oven early to build that confidence (in hindsight). Having said that, he’s 40 games into his NRL career as a prop and could still be playing Flegg.

Tele reporting Isaiah Papalii has been granted permission to look elsewhere for 2025.

Wow, that’s a shock if true. Very good player but also on good coin.
Probably relates to having to upgrade & keep Stefano U

Back