• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

No chance it happens. Ben Hornby would 10000% take over, he is the Senior Assistant of the 2. Unless the Morris stuff is re next year? Which again… surely you’d go bigger as you say.
If JD is gone during the season it will be for a caretaker. My one concern though is the club wanting to promote from within. Let’s not forget that they were going to have Furner take over from Seibold. Lucky he already had another job taken up.

If JD is gone during the season it will be for a caretaker. My one concern though is the club wanting to promote from within. Let’s not forget that they were going to have Furner take over from Seibold. Lucky he already had another job taken up.
I know from a good source that Rusty has always not been 100% on JD even immediately after Wayne, but he is only one third of the board. He still talks with Wayne regularly so I’d say it will be very slim chance they promote within full-time if Wayne is keen to come back

With the likely change then get a very good coach that will make our side great again.

Right now it’s a caretaker coach for the rest of 2024 followed by say Bennett or even Madge from 2025 followed by Sam after Warrington commitments into the coaching staff with Sam most likely the longer term coach.

What we then need to highlight from there is strictly pick players in form, make sure that they all know that if they don’t perform they will be dropped or moved into positions that are needed for the club and obviously have a strong defensive focus (making sure that with change of coaching staff we have a solid defensive coach).

Sadly our culture has to be rebuilt - all this is seriously embarrassing as I can’t understand why we extended JD after the crap from Round 11 2023 and I don’t care if we said he would give JD an extension I just hope the new contract came with “get out clauses” as JD is now 5 wins from 20 games. WOW.

Oh yeah I’d be very against Hornby taking over next year. We definitely need a fresh voice and set of eyes and generally most coaches bring in their own assistants and high performance folks too.

This year is shot. Who cares who takes over.

We need to sign a big name coach and move to sign players for 2025.

The play will be to get Sam here.

I’d be surprised in Sam walked out on Warrington while under contract.

What wouldn’t surprise me would be to see Wayne come for 1-2 years with Sam to take over in 2026 or the year after. They’d be hoping with a Super League title or two.

Joe O deserves the interim position IMO.

Won NSW Cup last year.

Is doing well with the players shuttling back and forth between firsts and reserves this year (of which there have been plenty).

Is as fresh as face as we’re going to get in the squad.

The idea of Hornby taking over doesn’t thrill me, and I reckon the season could get REAL ugly.

who said sam is a big time coach .......he has had so many personal issues , and I find it hard to forgive his texting immaturity ....... a decade of successful coaching before we should allow him into the joint.

on reflection I would prefer to take a punt on John Morris , he was unlucky to have been replaced at sharks. offer him balance of JD contract period .....but importantly we need to replace Jolly and his management circus

If you put in Hornby as interim, may as well keep JD and avoid the likely payout he will receive.

That's how diabolical our current predicament is...

who said sam is a big time coach .......he has had so many personal issues , and I find it hard to forgive his texting immaturity ....... a decade of successful coaching before we should allow him into the joint.

on reflection I would prefer to take a punt on John Morris , he was unlucky to have been replaced at sharks. offer him balance of JD contract period .....but importantly we need to replace Jolly and his management circus
And as for Madge , NO way , he would be a disaster

After reviewing his Tiger inside documentary , his style is suitable for short rep teams , however not for long term teams. He is a RANT RANT RANTER insult to any intelligent players and a pain to most others.
I cannot believe anyone would hire him as coach after watching that documentary.

Back