• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Keaon Koloamatangi

Keaon doesn’t pre load his effort getting into position when he’s near the ruck.

If his first instinct when a tackle was made was ‘ok, now hustle into position’, he’d be fine. Too often he gets caught a step or two away from where he should have been, which impacts the players near him.

That’s how I see his issue at least.

At Origin he was 100% on as far as his repeat effort went and the issue didn’t really seem to factor.

Keaon doesn’t pre load his effort getting into position when he’s near the ruck.

If his first instinct when a tackle was made was ‘ok, now hustle into position’, he’d be fine. Too often he gets caught a step or two away from where he should have been, which impacts the players near him.

That’s how I see his issue at least.

At Origin he was 100% on as far as his repeat effort went and the issue didn’t really seem to factor.
I tend to agree with this.

My biggest concern with Koloa is that he doesn’t scramble well. He gets caught on his heels a lot.

But I do think last week, he was let down by his inside and outside men not positioning themselves properly.

Cody was out of position a number of times. His defence was awful throughout the game.

And similarly Kennar seemed to be jamming in, rather than trusting Koloa.

Maybe I’m being too harsh on Kennar - and if I wanted to torment myself, I could watch the replay, but I think Koloa was forced to make defensive decisions based on the poor positioning of the other people in the line.

That "effort", like many of his this year, was absolutely disgraceful
I called it live and had several choice words at the time.
The replay is damning

Plenty of other times in the game where Hughes and co were given all the time in the world to kick

Plenty of other times in the game where Hughes and co were given all the time in the world to kick
No offence

We didn’t actually go after Cleary too hard in the GF under Wayne either

We still do a lot of the things we did under Wayne. When he was here our line speed wasn’t great our wrestle poor as was our ability to stop the offload

Wayne likes letting teams roll downfield and the just defend the line. He prefers not to give away penalties rather than get off the line early, get numbers in the tackle and slow the PTB and attack the kicker

It’s why he won’t win another comp in the salary cap era

But he definitely will fix some of our issues

That "effort", like many of his this year, was absolutely disgraceful
I called it live and had several choice words at the time.
The replay is damning
He isn’t alone there. Plenty lacking in the effort areas last night.

When Cody kicked the ball dead there was not one player that wanted to chase. Whilst it still may have gone dead if they chase hard then you put pressure on them to possibly make a play at it.

Remember last year against Manly the try Cody scored? That was pure effort. The following week Cook almost did the same.

We showed what we can do when we challenge kicks with Tass. Wighton just got his timing wrong. But we can’t have those efforts restricted to just one or 2 times a game.

Certainly symptomatic of lots of issues all at once ultimately hey

Certainly symptomatic of lots of issues all at once ultimately hey

Lack of attitude and fitness.

Players with lazy arm grabs, to lazy to wrap a ball up, to lazy to get into marker if they make a tackle, to lazy to move up in defence and get back into defence.

Some of them give up to easy

Keaon would be my first player asked to leave.

Show we are serious that lack of effort isn't rewarded.

He is by far and away the biggest disappointment for me.

Back