• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

Anasta doubling down on Instagram today
Can't stand Braith in this role (in person chatting with him he's good value).
But... I 100% agree with this point. Dodd had to have known, or at least been told it's highly likely.

Davvy Moale
Tyrone Munro
Jye Gray
Tallis Duncan

That's a good crop of recent youngsters from "pathways".

They just need better coaching.
Besides the Panthers, we have had good success in bringing youngsters from the pathways into first grade. Of our top 17 when fit you could also add, Murray, Graham, AJ etc

Can't stand Braith in this role (in person chatting with him he's good value).
But... I 100% agree with this point. Dodd had to have known, or at least been told it's highly likely.
I actually think it wouldn't matter and Graham/Anasta were way overstating the importance of knowing who the coach is here.

"Hey, 22 year old young man from Widnes. How's the North of England? Would you like to move to Sydney, Australia and play halfback in the best Rugby League competition in the world? We'll pay you half a million dollars a year, too."

What's a more likely response?

A) "I would like assurances of who the head coach is going to be"
B) "F**k yeah!"

I actually think it wouldn't matter and Graham/Anasta were way overstating the importance of knowing who the coach is here.

"Hey, 22 year old young man from Widnes. How's the North of England? Would you like to move to Sydney, Australia and play halfback in the best Rugby League competition in the world? We'll pay you half a million dollars a year, too."

B) "F**k yeah!"
agreed in part mate. You and I as fans, shit yeah. We don't care.
As a professional player, I'm sure knowing at least who the next coach *may* be would be a factor in his decision making.

As a professional player, I'm sure knowing at least who the next coach *may* be would be a factor in his decision making.
Oh, I'm sure it would come up and he's like to know there's a plan there. But I doubt it stops him from signing.

That's part of the reason you engage a manager to find out all the details of what's on offer.

And I hate myself for starting to "like" that ginger f***** Graham.

Changing his tune to fit the 360 narrative regarding Dodd.

Twat!
Speaking of changing tunes... how about James Hooper saying our retention/recruitment has been a "disaster" after praising our squad all pre-season.

At least Michael Carayannis called him on that.

They're a bunch of low-IQ "footy heads" trying to sound much smarter than they are, create controversy and as Bully said, trying to force "aha, gotcha!" moments.

The whole thing gave me a good laugh.

Braith has really stressed pathways in each episode of 360 this week. He lives in the south sydney district, so he might know people who work in pathways at the club, but his line of questioning to Solly last night implied that he knew quite a bit about what goes on in the pathways system, and was really fishing for a name or names out of Blake.
Braith does, and it was a great interview. Braith used to call all of the pathways games on fox, and is very well connected in the pathways system.

I like that there are external people keeping our club accountable and asking the tough questions.

James Graham was fantastic last night also, I like how he fires up.

Solly did amazing, he answered everything incredibly professional, pushed back respectfully and nailed the answers to some very tough questions.

I like that the 360 panel didn't hold any punches, they absolutley give it to other coaches when interviewing them also. They pretty much smashed brandy during the origin failure time also. They don't seem to go easy on the questions.

Braith does, and it was a great interview. Braith used to call all of the pathways games on fox, and is very well connected in the pathways system.

I like that there are external people keeping our club accountable and asking the tough questions.

James Graham was fantastic last night also, I like how he fires up.

Solly did amazing, he answered everything incredibly professional, pushed back respectfully and nailed the answers to some very tough questions.

I like that the 360 panel didn't hold any punches, they absolutley give it to other coaches when interviewing them also. They pretty much smashed brandy during the origin failure time also. They don't seem to go easy on the questions.
How about that segment they did on how bad a public look it was for a 'high profile' league media personality to be involved in a drunken brawl outside a pub, then get charged for it? They really gave it to him hey. Accountability and all

Is this the analysis and discussion you want from a football program?

For the first time in the past year, a representative from the club, other than the head coach, is grilled about governance, processes, operations, coaching, at the club in the worst performing period in 2 decades, and you're upset about it?

Read the Daily Mail, mate.
You're so far off the mark my friend it's not funny

Pathways are a meme.

It's up to the young player themselves to make it.

I laughed when Braith grilled Solly regarding "Who's at fault for the youngsters Ilias, Mamezoulous and Taaffe not making it?!"

How about Ilias, Mamezoulous and Taaffe?
Get with the times! It's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

I understand what you're getting at with the flip flop in the media.

But, the roster IS bad. I know folks disagree with this and think that it is still a top 8 roster, but it isn't.

Go back and check out the roster Bennett had, and compare it to now. The star players are the same star players - 3 years older.

The forwards are really where it falls away. The start players are predominantly service players who rely on the forward momentum. The club made its rise up the ladder beginning with the recruitment of Roy Asotasi. It progressed with Sam Burgess, and the club lucked it with the fact that he had another 3 brothers who played footy, 2 of them as big and as good has him. The DNA of south sydney was a big, aggressive, dominant pack. The Storm salary cap debacle put GI in our lap too, probably the biggest freak of an athlete this sport has seen. Tall, strong, fast, powerful, and from reports, had an engine on him too. And a young halfback with probably the greatest footy smarts in the game came through the system as well.

The forward pack is a shell of what it was. Regular injuries to Arrow, Tatola, Sele (last year) haven't helped, but even with them in it, the rotation is not good.
I think there's a snowball effect with our forwards.

Our forwards are tired defensively from having to do way more rucking it out of our own end than they should.

In 2024 you need your back 3 to ruck you out of trouble to give your forwards a rest. Watch Penrith - their forwards don't even bother retreating back into their own 40m in attack, they wait for Edwards and To'o and co. to catch up to them. They then have the energy to maintain high line speed, win the ruck defensively, and on it goes. It's a domino effect.

Our forwards this year are generally making more metres than their opposition. They're running too much and are very tired defensively.

Edwards and To'o.
Katoa and Mulitano.
Coates and Warbrick.
Suaalii and Tupou.
Staggs and Mariner.

All the top teams have at least 2 outside backs who are great at rucking the team out of trouble.

@Brownrabbit has been banging on about it for years (even if we disagree on AJ, 'cause I think he's fine as long as our 1 and 5 can make those metres).

Fix our backine issues and watch the forwards improve.

B) "F**k yeah!"
Agree. The biggest question would be 'do I get to play first grade?' - Well there's an open spot at Souths with currently zero competition for it.

B) "F**k yeah!"
Careers are short and a bad move at Dodds age and point in his career could derail his career. 2 seasons being cellar dwellers and he is more than likely going to be labeled and English import failure.

You would definitely be asking who the coach is….he could sign a contract then find himself in reserve grade if the coach didn’t want him

I think there's a snowball effect with our forwards.

Our forwards are tired defensively from having to do way more rucking it out of our own end than they should.

In 2024 you need your back 3 to ruck you out of trouble to give your forwards a rest. Watch Penrith - their forwards don't even bother retreating back into their own 40m in attack, they wait for Edwards and To'o and co. to catch up to them. They then have the energy to maintain high line speed, win the ruck defensively, and on it goes. It's a domino effect.

Our forwards this year are generally making more metres than their opposition. They're running too much and are very tired defensively.

Edwards and To'o.
Katoa and Mulitano.
Coates and Warbrick.
Suaalii and Tupou.
Staggs and Mariner.

All the top teams have at least 2 outside backs who are great at rucking the team out of trouble.

@Brownrabbit has been banging on about it for years (even if we disagree on AJ, 'cause I think he's fine as long as our 1 and 5 can make those metres).

Fix our backine issues and watch the forwards improve.
Yep - we need an outside back or 2 who can make 150-200m a game.

Latrell and AJ arent gonna do it so needs to come from somewhere else.

Graham is usually good for hitups, but we really could do with someone else.

Could Caleb Clarke be the answer?

Latest posts

Back