• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

“Solly believed the rapport Hornby had with the players made him a more attractive proposition than parachuting Furner into the hot seat.”

Who gives a fk what the players want, they are sitting dead last. They don’t need another mate
Agree with this.

I would have preferred Furner as interim coach. Hornby has been an integral part of the coaching set-up and we may just be getting a continuation of the same non-achieving coaching philosophy. Ben just might be too close to the players to crack the whip.

Furner, who wasn't involved with the descent into mediocrity does not have the same player relationship issue. It would have allowed for a real fresh start and re-set

He’s quit and we’ve asked him to reconsider 😂😂😂

Gotta love the corporate world.
On the inside Solly is jumping for joy

The only way I believe Schaefer would have quit is if he was read the riot act by the board or Solly today and he's packing up his bat and ball and going home. No way someone in that position walks because they're mates with the coach.

Wayne Bennett is a massive advocate of Brock Schaefer's work as a sports administrator. Interesting times.

why say sorry when you aren’t?
You’re right that wasn’t an apologetic sorry, I was however just trying to be polite
Like grammar is a thing for some people, the words “I’m sorry but” are it for me. You aren’t sorry. You’re very happy our club is in this state so you can stand on the table and yell I told you so. I’m not like that.
Thanks for the brief English lesson, I will take it on board. But every post I’ve made in relation to the club over the past three years was out of frustration for what I could see was coming. I never wanted to be right, because if I was, the club I support is failing and I hate what that means .

You say you’re not ‘like that’ but here you are with your short memory and benefit of hindsight laying the boot into the club ‘which apparently real supporters don’t do’

Yeah you’re not on the table, because you and others have been proven totally wrong in the support of persons within the club. Yet now you’re happy to lay the boot in using terms like ‘weakness’ and you also choose to forget that it wasn’t so long ago JD had your full support
You can’t for real compare board and management with posters on a ****ing public forum??? That will dead set do me
So the board members aren’t human and can’t share the same prejudice and bias as supporters which can possibly impair and impact their decision making?

More so many would have a personal connection with JD further clouding their judgement

But go on keep laying the boot in and pretending you weren’t one of those showing ‘weakness’ when it was less obvious where we ending up, loving management and JD all the way to last.

Who cares now how the process was undertaken, the right decision was made in the end.

It may have been a little inhumane on JD, but he could have also resigned. Though it doesn’t matter how they went about it. The end result was always going to leave JD feeling the same

The only way I believe Schaefer would have quit is if he was read the riot act by the board or Solly today and he's packing up his bat and ball and going home. No way someone in that position walks because they're mates with the coach.
That’s exactly my thoughts on the subject. It appeared that the board took a long time yesterday to decide JD’s fate and it points to a lot of stuff being aired and no doubt Schaefers role and performance got a bit of airtime. These situations often flush out issues that hadn’t previously been aired. Who knows, maybe Wayne had given his own thoughts on our structure and that came under scrutiny. This is a good thing.

I won’t be responding to that absolute garbage @Brownrabbit. The sheer number of factually incorrect comments, insinuations and assertions aren’t worth the time. And that’s not even mentioning the drama-filled exaggerations.

Gloat away.

I’m personally absolutely miserable my team has got to this point.

Back