• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

If that is true, it's both weak sauce AND unfair on JD and the playing group.

For whatever I think of his coaching, he seems a great bloke and deserves to be told, face to face, that he is done with immediate effect.

Who cares what happens vs Penrith? Like anyone with a brain would get annoyed at Furner or whoever takes over if we get belted.

It's dumb.
Don’t disagree, but I guess you still need to have all things rubber stamped and official before firing someone. It’s also a short week with only one training session. I do like JD, but I’ve heard more murmurs about his stubbornness and not listening to help trying to be provided.

Never thought we'd be 'that club' again, sacking coaches et al. It's quite depressing that in such a short time we've become a basket case. Thought those days were long gone. I feel for JD but it's time. It would be best for all if it happens tomorrow morning but it seems we can't even sack someone properly atm. I blame the Centre of Excellence!

Re: Bellamy/Bennett alternatives, I was half joking in the Dodd thread, but how does Paul Wellens go as a coach? i don’t know much about him but he speaks and presents a bit like an English Billy Slater.

Is Madge the only other ex-NRL coach anyone is interested in?

Are we a no for a rugby convert coach?

Ive been told the decision on JD is made, board meeting is a formality. He will most likely coach the Penrith game because no point throwing Furner to the wolves, but Furner will coach out the year. Going hard for Wayne (Dolphins playing hard ball trying to keep him as coaching director) and still testing the Bellamy waters but that’s unlikely. Club don’t want a rookie coach for kid so doubt it will be Sam
2 weeks ago in an earlier thread I predicted the exact date it will happen, Monday 6th May…..write it down. It wasn’t that hard to work out BTW.

Re: Bellamy/Bennett alternatives, I was half joking in the Dodd thread, but how does Paul Wellens go as a coach? i don’t know much about him but he speaks and presents a bit like an English Billy Slater.

Is Madge the only other ex-NRL coach anyone is interested in?

Are we a no for a rugby convert coach?
Not sure, but it definitely won’t be a rookie coach unless something drastic changes.

Assuming that JD is sacked, it'd be interesting to see what the club sees as the best time.

Given that we will - in all likelihood - lose to the Panthers do they:
  • Wait till after that game to increase the likelihood that his replacement will get off to a winning start.
  • Get the replacement in now on the basis that the Panthers' game is seen as a 'free hit' with an expected loss anyway, and giving him an extra week to work with the team.

Agree that post Panthers was always the ideal time to make the swap if you could stretch it.

Mitchell is also back on deck too, so it’s a pretty solid hand off point.

Was just a matter of whether JD could make it that far.

Assuming that JD is sacked, it'd be interesting to see what the club sees as the best time.

Given that we will - in all likelihood - lose to the Panthers do they:
  • Wait till after that game to increase the likelihood that his replacement will get off to a winning start.
  • Get the replacement in now on the basis that the Panthers' game is seen as a 'free hit' with an expected loss anyway, and giving him an extra week to work with the team.
Option 1 will be it. Furner gets some sort of chance vs the Dragons to get the W on the season snapshot.

One thing I forgot to add was they weren’t necessarily forcing Latrell but definitely pressing him on walking away from the game if he isn’t right. And then Cody must just be out of form, because apparently he is one of the hardest trainers and attitude has been spot on. Which given his form I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing 😂😂. But I know he and Latrell are always put in the same basket which is probably not fair

Never thought we'd be 'that club' again, sacking coaches et al. It's quite depressing that in such a short time we've become a basket case. Thought those days were long gone. I feel for JD but it's time. It would be best for all if it happens tomorrow morning but it seems we can't even sack someone properly atm. I blame the Centre of Excellence!
There’s nothing wrong with sacking a coach that isn’t working

The big premier league clubs do it all the time.

It’s far worse to double down and continue with a coach everyone knows isn’t going to get you to where you need to be ( Newcastle cough cough )

Hopefully this is a big wake up call for the club

We had a rookie general manager of football, a rookie coach and a rookie half, with a Chief Operating Officer operating outside his lane and taking over the football club by stealth

Some thought they were far smarter than what they were and were given to long a leash.

It’s also another blemish on Solly who turned a blind eye and didn’t have the football smarts to identify what was occurring when it was and ignored the warnings because it wasn’t what he wanted to hear

I’m confident now the big hitters in Russell and Pappas are back on the scene the right actions will now be taken

Like most I would of of liked JD gone a couple of weeks back, but the club are obviously using the time to get their ducks in a row

Not sure, but it definitely won’t be a rookie coach unless something drastic changes.
My mail a couple of weeks back was that it was going to be Wayne and he’d actually made contact with a couple of players

I’ve since been told that the approaches to Wayne weren’t made by Russell or the board.

Not saying that, that isn’t what they now all agree on, just at the time some elements started making inquiries on the clubs behalf without being given the nod by the board (Mal also falls into this category)

So let’s see where the cards fall

My mail a couple of weeks back was that it was going to be Wayne and he’d actually made contact with a couple of players

I’ve since been told that the approaches to Wayne weren’t made by Russell or the board.

Not saying that, that isn’t what they now all agree on, just at the time some elements started making inquiries on the clubs behalf without being given the nod by the board (Mal also falls into this category)

So let’s see where the cards fall
Yep you could be right. I can only comment on what I was told today and it seems that the board agree on chasing him now for next year. I still think they will reach out to Craig, but that would probably be a short conversation 😂

Approaches by “outside parties” has been well documented in the press for weeks

So some say he will be sacked by tuesday.

Some say he will be sacked after penriff game, but what happens if we pull a massive upset and win that game, does it mean they're forced to keep him?

Reactions: CCR

Latest posts

Back