• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Isaiah Tass

Trucksyd

Reaction score
I’ve been watching our last few games & he’s been going good .He doesn’t overplay his hand too much & it seems like he understands exactly what he’s told to do .He can handle the hit ups ,defence etc ,I haven’t seen him take to many bombs though .hes only played half a season & he knows his job unlike paulo who’s had three seasons to get his act together but still stuffs up simple fundamentals.

He's been a bit of a revelation for us and exactly what we needed to uncover at about the halfway point of the year.

If there's a knock on him at all, its that he's a bit on the small side and gets absolutely belted when taking hit ups one out. I would expect that they will rectify this with a weights program in next years pre-season.

Absolutely fearless though and puts his body on the line which is great. Also seems to have improved his passing game in the short time he's been in first grade which has been great as well.

I like him. I'm glad we signed him long term and I'm looking forward to seeing him develop with us.

He's defending at 87% efficiency which is basically the absolute top shelf of NRL centres too (Campbell Graham is at 82% by comparison).
That's terrific, although we know his technique has let him down on a couple of crucial occasions. But what I like about him is he shows he can be a fast learner as trucksyd says.

What's Gagai's tackle efficiency percentage this year?

Your not wrong ,I was watching the cowboys game & he took a few carries up & got absolutely crunched by their forwards ,although close to the line he had enough common sense to position himself not to get pushed back in goal . could be getting some pointers off Johnston.

You can’t teach physicality so I like the fact he is willing to get dirty. Everything else can be worked on.
I’ve mentioned it 100 times but carrying in his left arm would make his attacking game so much better and easier. He looks like he can move well and has good enough speed and strength to cause some trouble.

I’ve been watching our last few games & he’s been going good .He doesn’t overplay his hand too much & it seems like he understands exactly what he’s told to do .He can handle the hit ups ,defence etc ,I haven’t seen him take to many bombs though .hes only played half a season & he knows his job unlike paulo who’s had three seasons to get his act together but still stuffs up simple fundamentals.
Not sure there is a need to slag Jaxson off again, he's had more than his share, but i agree about Tass.

He's the real deal alright. I reckon JD blundered in not preserving with him the first time. Anyway he's doing all the right things now and I'm sure he'll keep it up.

Cheers

He’s shown a fair bit of confidence mixing it in the NRL. Some newbies at this level take time to adjust to the pace and physicality but he’s got the makings of a very competent centre.

Watch how he lets his opposing centre On the outside and then barrels them.
His attack will improve with time!

Conversation today with someone about Tass and how he improved from getting a taste and going back to NSW Cup. You could see when he went back to NSW Cup he was a different player.

He definitely has improved his defence since he came back.

I understand why he was dropped back after his first start. It was ordinary.

But, there is a player there, for sure. We've got a really good centre on the other side, so we just need a good one on the other and he looks to be it. If he can't carry the ball in his left arm, though, he'll need to play on the right side in 2023. That part of his game does my head in.

Back