• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

So some say he will be sacked by tuesday.

Some say he will be sacked after penriff game, but what happens if we pull a massive upset and win that game, does it mean they're forced to keep him?
I don’t imagine so.

And TBF, I don’t think it’s a concern we need to worry about.

The reason he’s being sacked is because he can’t get this team playing competitive footy against even solid sides.

We aren’t going to turn it around this week.

I don’t imagine so.

And TBF, I don’t think it’s a concern we need to worry about.

The reason he’s being sacked is because he can’t get this team playing competitive footy against even solid sides.

We aren’t going to turn it around this week.
yeah the odds are stacked agains us winning.

That is what they banking on but hypothetically if we pull off the biggest upset in history on Thursday night, it's not going to look good if they still sack him and they probs be forced to keep him on longer.

It's why he should have been sacked ASAP, you take that stuff out of the equation, upsets can happen any time.

Some say he will be sacked after penriff game, but what happens if we pull a massive upset and win that game, does it mean they're forced to keep him?
Tbh mate it’s nearly impossible that we are gonna beat them.

Agree that post Panthers was always the ideal time to make the swap if you could stretch it.

Mitchell is also back on deck too, so it’s a pretty solid hand off point.

Was just a matter of whether JD could make it that far.
Well I guess he really should not have made it this far hey. Our record this year is, well, record breakingly woeful

I just don’t understand why
And even less don’t understand why we haven’t acted before now

It’s gone past being one win is going to change things. The question the board is prob asking, is can he lead us to top 4 finishes and title challenges which is probably not

Getting Wayne back for 2 years would certainly aid in healing the miserableness of the last 12 months.

Hopefully they give some consideration to the rest of the football dept while he’s going to be here, and don’t come up with a succession plan.

If they want to go with a rookie next up, just let them keep doing what they’re doing and bring them in fresh in 2 years time once he’s gone.

The problem is we are back here in 3 years.
Wayne makes shit sparkle. When you take him away you are left with just plain old shit.
There is a reason why every club offers him a coaching director role because they know the moment he walks out the door it's wooden spoon territory

No team with a decent roster should be 1-7. Doesn’t matter what the end of last year looked like. Or the noise around the club. 1-7. Just can’t see JD going later than the Riff game.

Wayne makes shit sparkle. When you take him away you are left with just plain old shit.
There is a reason why every club offers him a coaching director role because they know the moment he walks out the door it's wooden spoon territory
You get Wayne and you guarentee 2 years of finals.

We thought we were going long term with JD, he’s not going to make 3 years.

Madge won a comp and was done in 6 years.

NRL coaching stints rarely end up being ‘long term’.

Take the wins while you can get them.

In 2026 get the best coach available and hope for the best. Also gives you 2.5 years to identify that person and ensure they’re off contract.

You get Wayne and you guarentee 2 years of finals.

We thought we were going long term with JD, he’s not going to make 3 years.

Madge won a comp and was done in 6 years.

NRL coaching stints rarely end up being ‘long term’.

Take the wins while you can get them.

In 2026 get the best coach available and hope for the best. Also gives you 2.5 years to identify that person and ensure they’re off contract.
Agree Poet, BUT it assumes we don’t go down the path of a succession plan again

Then Sam to take over from 2027.

Back