• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Injury & Judiciary Reports

So what’s that guys must be 13-14 of our top 36 out now. Wouldn’t be far off!

Depressing isn’t it!
Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
Mitchell - Suspended
Ilias - Tibia Fracture
Munro - Collarbone
Tatola - Ankle
Lovett - Patella Fracture
————
Fletcher
Mellars
Kennar
Le Blanc

Throw in Te Hau’s reported hospital run yesterday too.

Can definitely break it twice in the same spot. Rehab guys would have done all the tests and impact training. No doubt he passed all his tests or he wouldn't have been out there . It's just bad luck and all the conspiracy theorists should get a grip. It could also have been a different spot altogether. If his bones aren't strong enough up there he probably needs to get on the Panther juice and put some extra bulk up there.
If it was one off sure but it’s not….also if he had not played he could have had another 2 weeks recovery.

Can definitely break it twice in the same spot. Rehab guys would have done all the tests and impact training. No doubt he passed all his tests or he wouldn't have been out there . It's just bad luck and all the conspiracy theorists should get a grip. It could also have been a different spot altogether. If his bones aren't strong enough up there he probably needs to get on the Panther juice and put some extra bulk up there.
I agree, and am not about to hang the rehab/medical staff. I can't imagine medical professionals pushing someone to play if they weren't ready.
I was reading an article about myths of broken bones, and it said that breaks are often stronger for a period of time after healing, so it was just curiosity as to whether the break was same place or not.

Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
Mitchell - Suspended
Ilias - Tibia Fracture
Munro - Collarbone
Tatola - Ankle
————
Fletcher
Mellars
Kennar
Le Blanc

And then we chose to play without Cook and Duncan for whatever reason last week on top of that list.

I agree, and am not about to hang the rehab/medical staff. I can't imagine medical professionals pushing someone to play if they weren't ready.
I was reading an article about myths of broken bones, and it said that breaks are often stronger for a period of time after healing, so it was just curiosity as to whether the break was same place or not.
A lot of breaks and bone stuff which is just terrible luck. If it was a heap of soft tissue things there might be more of a gripe.

Collarbones are notoriously finicky and can cause lifelong issues.

My wife broke her collarbone in a car accident in here 20’s and it gives her grief to this day.

They’re hard to rehab and can look stable, pass a lot of tests, only to crack again.

There is no guarantee that if they held him back for another 2 weeks that the same thing wouldn’t have happened.

I’ll give the medical staff a pass on this one.

Won’t give the referee/bunker a pass for not sin binning the Cronulla player for a clear “direct and forceful” contact to Cam’s face - but that’s another story.

Arrow - Shoulder
Graham - Sternum
Johnston - Hamstring
Mitchell - Suspended
Ilias - Tibia Fracture
Munro - Collarbone
Tatola - Ankle
————
Fletcher
Mellars
Kennar
Le Blanc

Maybe we should be asking the dieticians if they’ve banned the players from drinking milk.

The Roosters had that bizarre run of knee issues for a bit there. It does happen from time to time. You want to say it’s performance team base because that provides a target to ascribe frustration. Like when Penrith keep winning and we assume they must be juiced. It’s just easier for our brains to take. :)

I broke my collarbone and the word back then was that area would be stronger!

This isn’t exact, but what has been filtering through in offhand comments and scuttlebutt.

Mitchell: Round 10 (Susp)
Arrow: Round 8-14
Johnston: Round 11
———————-
Munro: Round 19
Tatola: Round 19
Graham: Round 18-20
Ilias: Round 18-27/2025

Of the 7 top line first graders out, we get 3 back in the near future, and 3-4 back some weeks before season’s end (if at all).

Getting the most out of Mitchell, Arrow and Johnston (and Cook and Duncan) rejoining the side will dictate how far this season spirals.

This isn’t exact, but what has been filtering through in offhand comments and scuttlebutt.

Mitchell: Round 10 (Susp)
Arrow: Round 8-14
Johnston: Round 11
———————-
Munro: Round 19
Tatola: Round 19
Graham: Round 18-20
Ilias: Round 18-27/2025

Of the 7 top line first graders out, we get 3 back in the near future, and 3-4 back some weeks before season’s end (if at all).

Getting the most out of Mitchell, Arrow and Johnston (and Cook and Duncan) rejoining the side will dictate how far this season spirals.
You forgot to put in the unplanned outs. The way this season is going, there's sure to be more. I consider them known unknowns at this stage.

To be fair the medical staff would clear Munro to return and not JD.
Medical staff between Host last year, Graham and Munro have had an absolute shocker
The club needs to be really careful here. Players will play for good clubs. Players will play for rubbish clubs. Players will play for rubbish coaches.

Players won't play for clubs where it's perceived they won't be looked after physically.

I'm not saying that's what's happening here - but perception is a funny thing.

The club needs to be really careful here. Players will play for good clubs. Players will play for rubbish clubs. Players will play for rubbish coaches.

Players won't play for clubs where it's perceived they won't be looked after physically.

I'm not saying that's what's happening here - but perception is a funny thing.
Hypothetically could a player take legal action against a club where a player was pushed to play when not physically ready?
Absolutely not saying that is the case here.

Hypothetically could a player take legal action against a club where a player was pushed to play when not physically ready?
Absolutely not saying that is the case here.
In my world they're all adults who can make their own decisions. But I'm no lawyer.

Latest posts

Back