• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

FIFA World Cup 2022

Grand Master Sexay

Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for anyone following the World Cup.

Qatar are first up tonight against Ecuador. I don’t think I’ll bother getting up for that game, however, I’m looking forward to the competition and will getting up for a few games over the coming weeks.

Best news to come out of the World Cup so far is that the fans who were going to paid for saying nice things about Qatar will no longer be paid.

Other than that the time zone makes it difficult to watch a lot of matches.

Not surprisingly, but Qatar go down to Ecuador.

Not a bad showing from Saudi Arabia up against Argentina at the minute.

Argentina and Germany both start games as favourites.

Argentina and Germany both take the lead from the penalty spot.

Argentina and Germany both have 1st-half ‘goals’ ruled out by VAR.

Argentina and Germany both go into the break leading 1-0.

Argentina and Germany both lose 2-1 to a team from the Asian Federation.

Cue Twilight Zone music ;)

Argentina will bounce back.

Maybe an early defeat will be the impetus they need to give it a good shake.

A very good first half by the Socceroos and a deserved lead on the back of Duke's fine header.

We have totally controlled the game so far, but that Tunisian chance in time added-on shows how fragile a one-goal lead in football can be.

Hopefully we can keep up that level of performance in the second half.

On a side note about the World Cup in general so far, I have to admit I am very happy to see significant, and appropriate, amounts of time added on.

Yessssss we win. A different second half with Tunisia dominating possession and field position but not really stretching our defence or Ryan in goals.

The only time they really did that was when Souttar was forced to chase and cover up Rowles' mistake with a great tackle.

I honestly didn't think we would beat Tunisia - but I am very glad that we did.

Who's getting up to watch the Denmark match?

Who's getting up tonight?

Reactions: VIP
Unbelievable
Unbelievable
Where are all the Arnold haters now all silent! As Arnie said he doesn’t give a shit they’ve never coached!

Regardless of what happens now we should be so proud I think it’s either Argentina or Poland next but let’s not worry about that. Lets soak this all in!

Latest posts

Back