• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Drop illias?

Should illias be dropped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same old stuff from JD is the main issue

Doesn’t grow and recruit players to make the team stronger instead re signs the same rubbish

Our playing style and defence has worsted under JD

You could team that we are in for a long painful season under JD

Lachie
- charged down once
- dropped it cold
- kick it into Duncan (I don’t think that was Duncan’s fault)

Lots of lowlights not many highs

Due to the downtown rule is it not on Duncan to make sure he does not get in front of the kicker?.
Lachie
- charged down once
- dropped it cold
- kick it into Duncan (I don’t think that was Duncan’s fault)

Lots of lowlights not many highs

Due to the downtown rule is it not on Duncan to make sure he does not get in front of the kicker?.

Duncan should have been more aware. The donkeys markets were charging the kickers all night, often illegally in my view

If you debuted Gray early, 100% it should be from the bench.

Our season shouldn’t be placed on his shoulders. This is JD and the senior players problem. Not a rookie who played next to no footy last year.

I'm not saying start him straight away, we should do the same as how we did with Keary

I think Lachie needs a stint in reserve grade to get some timing and confidence back.

I don’t think he was our biggest problem last night but if you look at him as an individual I reckon even he would admit to being a bit lost out there.

I think a big part of the problem is that he’s often 2nd or 3rd in line as the play caller. Would serve him well to drop back to reserves and be the top dog for a while.

Replacement? I think Cody goes to 7 (He’s calling all the shots anyway) and Wighton comes in to 6.

Hawkins offers nothing more than Illias and Gray needs time to develop

We need to win this week and I don’t know if we’re capable but bringing Wighton in to the halves probably gives us our best shot

Reactions: CCR
Gray can cut his teeth in NSW Cup. There’s currently a kid called Bayleigh Bentley Hope who’s ahead of him as a 5/8th in cup

Has lachie even played reserve grade?

I can't recall, I know there was covid around this time.

From my recollection he hasn't. Went straight from 20s to 1st grade due to covid in 2020 and 2021.

Lachie has lost his confidence,I remember Buddy Gordon coming through he was a gun centre,brought up too fast and ended up at prop forward.
This could happen to Gray he has to get a run in NSW Cup in the position he is better suited for?
Certainly not thrown in the deep end!

No - he can be in front of the kicker (but not impede a defender) , he can’t be in front of the play the ball.

Keppie got pinged because he kept moving forward ahead of the PTB

Duncan was in front of the kicker and not the PTB.

Any half decent HB would have adjusted and put in a decent kick

The issue for me is whilst we were losing games 36-30 and 34-30 blaming the halfback is pointless. There are too many other issues before we go there.

From the get go the knives were out for Lachie waiting for him to fail. Many were ready to pounce the moment he did. Instead of trying to get behind this kid wanting him to succeed many just wanted him to fail. It’s quite sad to see.

If he is dropped next week and Hawkins is picked I want to see him succeed. I really want to be wrong about Hawkins.

Comparing what a QB does to a halfback is really comparing apples to oranges. Different sports.

The halves are meant to be able to combine. Work together. Early last year we saw that. Then I don’t know what happened. This shouldn’t be on Lachie alone. Cody deserves quite a bit of criticism as well.

Tonight’s performance by Lachie is one of those where you can say he deserves to be dropped if that’s what happens.

At the same time if we think that dropping the halfback is going to be the magic answer we will be disappointed. There are plenty of other issues right now.
Did you watch his game last night mate?

If any other young halfback put that tripe up they would be back in Reggie’s quick smart. Probably the worst all round halfback display I’ve seen . Dreadful.
He’s not a consistent first grade halfback and never will be.
You ever heard of the saying flogging a dead horse?
If we swapped spines last night we would have whacked them.

Back