• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Do you follow Cricket as closely as you once did?

Do you follow Cricket as closely as you once did?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

VIP

Reaction score
Are you still a big cricket fan?

Definitely nowhere near as often as I use to.

Reactions: VIP
There’s so much more now so a lot isn’t of interest to me but certainly the summer tests and ODI’S are a must watch

No, but growing up we really only had test matches then the 50 over games added new interest when they started, now there is just too much with IPL and all the 20/20 games and competitions I really only pay attention to the test maches with Australia involved.

Test matches only interest me nowadays.
Might watch 1 or 2 games of 20/20 per year.
Occasionally watch 50 over.
The technology in cricket bats has certainly given a huge advantage to the batsman P,US pitches that are like roads which make limited over cricket entertaining but that doesn't interest me as the bowlers are on a hiding to nothing.
I like to see pitches that are prepared giving advantage to both players. Bit of green to start with it then drying out to allow spinners to come in.

You need to define your question. Because I define cricket as test cricket.

The other forms are bubblegum cricket and don’t follow them at all

I didn’t get to see much of the last test in Sri Lanka but watched when I could.

Nope, not in the least interested.

It runs third behind golf and tennis as the most boring and silly alleged sports in the world.
I have no idea how people can watch cricketers for hours on end doing almost nothing, apart from rubbing a ball on their knackers and playing with sandpaper.

But to each their own.

Test matches only interest me nowadays.
Might watch 1 or 2 games of 20/20 per year.
Occasionally watch 50 over.
The technology in cricket bats has certainly given a huge advantage to the batsman P,US pitches that are like roads which make limited over cricket entertaining but that doesn't interest me as the bowlers are on a hiding to nothing.
I like to see pitches that are prepared giving advantage to both players. Bit of green to start with it then drying out to allow spinners to come in.
Agree 100% with that. Also the balls aren't as good as they once were and the batters have it way too much in their favour.

South Africa have pulled out of a 3 match ODI series here in January 2023

It pisses me of when there is a washout and it now will cost Australia the chance to go into the knockout stages when they could of played the game under a roof or rescheduled it

Yeah quite unbelievable and embarrassing to be honest, to be knocked out in the pool stage (not 100%), particularly being the host nation.

Latest posts

Back