• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Dead last

I had to pinch myself that I was nervous for the Manly Titans game because it meant not being last.

Unbelievable.

Well we can thank the Titans for being more crap than we are.

I've figured it out - our form went to sh*t about the same time @SouthSydneyTilIDie disappeared from the forum... did he put a hex on the club on his way out? Say it ain't so! Someone find him! :D

I've figured it out - our form went to sh*t about the same time @SouthSydneyTilIDie disappeared from the forum... did he put a hex on the club on his way out? Say it ain't so! Someone find him! :D
Last time I saw him at the game was the finals back in 22. Not sure what has happened to him.
Either that or my ‘top 2, the run home’ thread did actually anger the rugby league gods. If so, it take it back.
Maybe time for a bottom 2 run home thread then. 😜

After 7 games average points scored against us VS whole season of 24 games over previous 5 years.
2024 - 35.7 / season - ?
2023 - 16.2 / season - 21.0
2022 - 17.0 / season - 19.7
2021 - 14.8 / season - 18.9
2020 - 19.1 / season - 17.6 (covid year only 20 rounds played)
2019 - 16.4 / season - 17.4

This year is going to get very very very ugly.
We have a firm grip on the spoon to the point that it's stuck on with gorilla glue.
At the moment paying $4 for most losses - that will shorten to $2 by end of today.
🤦‍♂️

A lot of mistakes have been made by a lot of people at the club.

When Bennett left, you can list a whole raft of issues that were not rectified or not managed correctly.

Here are some of the player relating ones:
  • Player retention (including the decision to prioritise Cody ahead of Adam)
  • Succession planning (including a proper plan for what comes after Adam and Cody)
  • Damien Cook (a good quality hooker, although someone that many have said since 2019 is not an elite competition winning hooker)
  • Failure to implement any sort of succession planning for Damien Cook I.e why wasn’t a two hooker strategy implemented earlier to give Mamo some time to learn his craft in first grade? Probably doesn’t matter so much as I don’t think Mamo is the answer. We need to go to market.
  • Not achieving a reasonable return on investment in relation to L Mitchell and failing to implement strategies to mitigate this risk

A lot of mistakes have been made by a lot of people at the club.

When Bennett left, you can list a whole raft of issues that were not rectified or not managed correctly.

Here are some of the player relating ones:
  • Player retention (including the decision to prioritise Cody ahead of Adam)
  • Succession planning (including a proper plan for what comes after Adam and Cody)
  • Damien Cook (a good quality hooker, although someone that many have said since 2019 is not an elite competition winning hooker)
  • Failure to implement any sort of succession planning for Damien Cook I.e why wasn’t a two hooker strategy implemented earlier to give Mamo some time to learn his craft in first grade? Probably doesn’t matter so much as I don’t think Mamo is the answer. We need to go to market.
  • Not achieving a reasonable return on investment in relation to L Mitchell and failing to implement strategies to mitigate this risk
Include not signing anyone for the 2023 season. The lack of fitness coaching. And not listening to Morris and Sam. They must both be laughing their collective head off.

Until Sam actually comes out and clearly states what and who he was referring to it’s irrelevant

Latest posts

Back