• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Damien Cook

Thats your opinion.

I think youre absolutely wrong though.

Re passing - Ask Benji Marshall what he thinks of Cooks passing (in)ability

Are you being serious?

The remark Benji made to Cook was not directed at his form or performace, it was about one bad ball at that moment. in a training session FFS.

You're telling Kempy he is wrong based on THAT, it's the type of comment that would be dropped at training 30 times every session at a variety of players.

Cooks passing game is actually by far his best attribute.

Him taking the wrong options doesn't impugn his actual ability to pass a ball.

Know-nothings try and downplay it as a way of coming across as league aficionados.

His running game is his most overrated aspect and has been for years but that is just my opinion.

It was good for a small while and he has scored some good tries in the past due to it, but it goes hand in hand with him often choosing the wrong options. We hardly ever get proper momentum with it whilst he looks around like a lost child searching for his mother before he gets tackled far too often.

His actual passing game though.

It's crisp, hardly ever misses the mark, has the ability to cut-out two or three players and was instrumental in our lethal left edge from 2018-2022.

You simply do not have the left edge attack that Souths had throughout that period without a dummy-half with an impressive passing game.

I also don't think it's Cook's shortcomings that are the issue anyway.

Harry Grant is the most rocks & diamonds hooker in the NRL. Does some incredibly stupid and poor stuff. But his diamonds make up for it.

I don't care about Cook's passing game. But his running game, his diamond, has evaporated and it needs to come back otherwise what's the point?
I don’t think it’s coming back mate. Every team has worked out how to defend it and as someone else pointed out, if teams cheat to stop it, it’s only a 6 again with a set defensive line.

Cooks passing game is actually by far his best attribute.

Him taking the wrong options doesn't impugn his actual ability to pass a ball.

Know-nothings try and downplay it as a way of coming across as league aficionados.

His running game is his most overrated aspect and has been for years but that is just my opinion.

It was good for a small while and he has scored some good tries in the past due to it, but it goes hand in hand with him often choosing the wrong options. We hardly ever get proper momentum with it whilst he looks around like a lost child searching for his mother before he gets tackled far too often.

His actual passing game though.

It's crisp, hardly ever misses the mark, has the ability to cut-out two or three players and was instrumental in our lethal left edge from 2018-2022.

You simply do not have the left edge attack that Souths had throughout that period without a dummy-half with an impressive passing game.
Cooks passing is atrocious. he either spins the ball, loops it, back spins it, throws it high, low or behind the runner, doesn't have the ability to bring a runner onto the ball.

Our left edge, was created by Reyno, when he left, Murray has taken on that role. Nothing to do with Cook.

Cooks passing is atrocious. he either spins the ball, loops it, back spins it, throws it high, low or behind the runner, doesn't have the ability to bring a runner onto the ball.

Our left edge, was created by Reyno, when he left, Murray has taken on that role. Nothing to do with Cook.
Hit the nail on the head.

What coach thought of 'angry' Souths star's interview​

South Sydney coach Jason Demetriou says he was glad to hear axed hooker Damien Cook was "frustrated" and "angry" at being dumped from the team a fortnight ago.

The veteran rake became a casualty of a disastrous run of form for the Rabbitohs, which was only halted by the bye in round seven.

Does the one game ban point to them thinking he leaked the AJ story?
I think - without knowing - that there was some form of disciplinary issue being addressed.

If it was form related, you’d think he still be out.

Cook is cooked. Stick a fork into him

Mamo gets the team moving forward. Hawkins grows ten feet once Cook is off the field and Mamo is on

Yep.

He deserved to be dropped when he was, and no amounts of friends in the media should be allowed to push the false narrative that he is somewhat of a fall guy.

Latest posts

Back