• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Cops and Robbers! Favourite crime shows

andyrabbit

Reaction score
What are peoples favourite crime shows, old or recent?

I grew up on Matlock Police, Division 4, Callum, and The Bill. Crime shows in America, Australia and UK differ a lot.

Some recent stuff I have enjoyed was Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, best written shows I've possibly seen. Liked Ozark, Narcos, Fargo, Guy Ritchie movies, Broadchurch, Peaky Blinders, The Sopranos, True Detective, The Wire, Broadwalk Empire. The Godfather, Goodfellas.

Some of those effectively combine crime and comedy, albeit pretty black.

I'm sure I've forgotten as much as I've listed.

Dragnet
Highway Patrol (the original one from the USA in the 60's)
The Untouchables
The Saint

Plus all the Aussie ones you mentioned.

I enjoy Shetland, Homicide Hunter & Wallander. Old shows can't go past Monk & Kojak.

Cant leave out Homicide with Leonard Teale, Alwyn Kurts and George Mallaby , as for US shows The Rockford Files was good as was Baretta , was never a fan of Kojak .
As for UK shows does anybody remember Randel and Hopkirk deceased?.

Cant leave out Homicide with Leonard Teale, Alwyn Kurts and George Mallaby , as for US shows The Rockford Files was good as was Baretta , was never a fan of Kojak .
As for UK shows does anybody remember Randel and Hopkirk deceased?.
I remember Randall and Hopkirk very well, such an unusual idea for a TV show.

I might be stretching it a bit to call it Cops and Robbers, but I loved Minder.

Yeah Minder was a gem. Great charracters.
Any crime stuff will do.

Last edited:
I can’t go past the Blacklist. Shattered when it came to an end after 10 seasons

Raymond Reddington one of the great characters of tv, played brilliantly by James Spader

Law and Order SVU and the other Law and order series although SVU has jumped the shark and needs to pack up.

Law and Order SVU and the other Law and order series although SVU has jumped the shark and needs to pack up.
Never watched them and about ten years ago I thought what the hell, watched an episode and while it was ok it wasn't enough to get me hooked. About 3 months later I thought I'd give it another go and it was the same bloody episode!!

Back