• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Cam Murray at the Press Conferences

Agent Fox Mulder

Reaction score
Gees Louise he looks uncomfortable. Sounds like he's just picking cliches from the coaches notebook and I'll swear tonight he was shivering (of course, he could have just been cold). But whatever, he doesn't inspie confidence. Love him as a player... and of course, a captain is a captain, not an orator or TV presenter.

But still, to quote Han Solo, Ive got a really bad feeling about this. Your thoughts.

Thankfully he does his best talking on the field...always consistently and not necessarily with words.
Latrell may be more charismatic and better with words but far less consistent and reliable on the paddock (as seen tonight).

His 'ums' drive me crazy. Do they get any help at all and/or listen to themselves afterwards?

I wish he did some talking on the field, he doesn't seem capable of it. During the game I keep saying 'Where's Cam - he needs to directing and inspiring the team with what to do next?!?', especially when they look rudderless.

His 'ums' drive me crazy. Do they get any help at all and/or listen to themselves afterwards?

I wish he did some talking on the field, he doesn't seem capable of it. During the game I keep saying 'Where's Cam - he needs to directing and inspiring the team with what to do next?!?', especially when they look rudderless.
Where’s Cam? Touching the ball every tackle, running lines, passing the ball. Sadly, he seemed to have the ball more than Illias, Walker, Latrell combined at the end of the game.

Murray is the captain we need off the field. On the field, it’s obvious Walker and Latrell are our players who speak up.

We need Lachy to start being more vocal

I thought he was too young to be Captain when he was appointed. Still do, but then so is Latrell and I thought he handled it better than Cam. Whatever the case, it is always a hard gig after a loss like that.

I have said it before on here, can't stand his interviews or press conferences. Sounds like a robot. Hindy has referred to him as Mr Boring

He really needs to get rid of his "ums"
He doesn't look comfortable/comfortable behind the mic in front of a crowd or a camera but that will change as time goes
I remember there was a long time that I'd rather die than public speak. Now I couldn't care less. It took time, practice and confidence in my ability.
I'm sure Cam will be fine as time passes.

He's fine. He's a new captain and learning to speak publicly and not get baited into giving headlines. He's doing well.

He should try to take a leaf out of DCE’s book…..my goodness he’s far and away the best captain at handling these interview situations.

Back