• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Caleb Clarke's honorary Training Sesh with South Sydney

Never heard of him before, comes across like a very respectful person. Good on him, wish him luck in his 2024 Rugby season.

Hard to get too excited for now, just given he’s a finishing piece, and our spine in 2 seasons is a big question mark still.

Feel like he belongs in this team as it’s put together now. And icing on top type buy to go all in on a premiership tilt while Cody and Cook are still around.

Yes, it’s hard to believe that he spent a couple of weeks here purely to train for the upcoming Super Rugby season. It was obviously a preview and take a look opportunity.

I'll still in the camp of "look, he's obviously a talented rugby player, but..."

Getting Rugby League fit is a whole different ballgame. I don't think him coming here would change anything dramatically.

He's a big unit.

If he's going to be a winger in the mould of To'o, we better hope he has a good motor in him.

I'll still in the camp of "look, he's obviously a talented rugby player, but..."

Getting Rugby League fit is a whole different ballgame. I don't think him coming here would change anything dramatically.
It would give you an elite yardage carry out of trouble. Hopefully.

Something we desperately need if you are going to compensate Mitchell and a speedy winger on the other side (or regardless).

Graham, Wighton, Clarke could be a good 1-2-3 punch.

I don't know if he will be a winger in League.... Can definitely see him out on an edge

To all those questioning his capacity to play wing/ fitness capabilities - I think you are overstating what is required in League and undervaluing the althetic abilities of a young man who plays for the best drilled rugby team in the world, and who ALSO has represented NZ in rugby 7s - which is pure speed and fitness.
If you are interested, I'll leave a bit of reading here:

).

If he wants to play, it's a no-brainer.

To all those questioning his capacity to play wing/ fitness capabilities - I think you are overstating what is required in League and undervaluing the althetic abilities of a young man who plays for the best drilled rugby team in the world, and who ALSO has represented NZ in rugby 7s - which is pure speed and fitness.
If you are interested, I'll leave a bit of reading here:

).

If he wants to play, it's a no-brainer.
Some people on here love proposing new positions for players.

Wanted: fast solid winger to start sets off.
Let’s play him in the forwards.

Back