• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Burgess One Week if He Pleases Guilty

And didn't get fined for the other report.

Cheers

It didn’t matter in the end as but I guess the charge shows that it shouldn’t have been a send off. I still think it should have been a sin bin.

It didn’t matter in the end as but I guess the charge shows that it shouldn’t have been a send off. I still think it should have been a sin bin.
Sin bin for sure. Send off shows how out of tune the video refs really are.

Gee it annoys me the use of the f....ing video referee. I hate it. Grounding for tries only. Let the referee do his job and get out of his ear, please!

Penalty and move on. Burgess hit him low and slid up. Why do they officiate games different to origin. This was a big point in the game and Tom was going up a gear. We need this in big games. But the ref's pick and choose their moments on what to officiate. It's bs.

Sin bin for sure. Send off shows how out of tune the video refs really are.

Gee it annoys me the use of the f....ing video referee. I hate it. Grounding for tries only. Let the referee do his job and get out of his ear, please!
I’m just glad it was at the end of the game. Imagine if that was during the game where it would have been longer than a sin bin.

There is a need for them to intervene with foul play. Just like the tackle on Hastings last night by Carrigan. How he wasn’t sent for that I will never know. That tackle is much worse than what Tom did.

Burgess does as he pleases….

Looks like Tom has accepted the one match ban.

Smart move and will give him a week to freshen up - we're going to need some big performances out of him in the next month or so.

Was the only way to go. With Nicholls back this week we can cover him for the Warriors. A week off should do him good.

I’m just glad it was at the end of the game. Imagine if that was during the game where it would have been longer than a sin bin.

There is a need for them to intervene with foul play. Just like the tackle on Hastings last night by Carrigan. How he wasn’t sent for that I will never know. That tackle is much worse than what Tom did.
💯

This weekend we have seen a deliberate elbow to the head of an opposition player on the ground. A fine only - JWH

We have seen a head slam using the forearm/elbow to do so. A fine only. - NAS

We have seen a player being held in a standing upright position by two defenders. All momentum stopped, then a third man in with a swinging arm flush into the head, forceful contact. Sin bin and 1 week only. -Butcher

A very bad hip drop tackle, for which he will likely cop 4+ weeks only a penalty on the field. - Carrigan

Cleary’s spear tackle and Burgess careless high tackle they got right in my opinion.

2/6 correct decisions. I’m sure there is probably more but they are the only games I saw this weekend.

It really is a lottery.

💯

This weekend we have seen a deliberate elbow to the head of an opposition player on the ground. A fine only - JWH

We have seen a head slam using the forearm/elbow to do so. A fine only. - NAS

We have seen a player being held in a standing upright position by two defenders. All momentum stopped, then a third man in with a swinging arm flush into the head, forceful contact. Sin bin and 1 week only. -Butcher

A very bad hip drop tackle, for which he will likely cop 4+ weeks only a penalty on the field. - Carrigan

Cleary’s spear tackle and Burgess careless high tackle they got right in my opinion.

2/6 correct decisions. I’m sure there is probably more but they are the only games I saw this weekend.

It really is a lottery.
I’ve had a gutful mate. Fire up with me at the next Souths home game be nice if we could win a penalty count for a change 6 out of the last 7 weeks we have not!

Latest posts

Back