• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Burgess had a Blinder Last Game ..WHY ?

So why doesnt he put in like that ALL the time ??? Cause Lattrell wasnt playing maybe ?

Kev, you need to pay more attention. Tom has polled high up on the points in the 3,2,1 threads in here, on all but one of our games .
He’s been wonderful

Tom aside, our best game of the year effort wise coincides with no Latrell? I have no idea what’s going on inside the playing group, but it’s a fair question to ask I think.

It could be a coincidence, or a response to media spotlight, I don’t know. But if we have a couple real cracks against Penrith and Melbourne, than bring out the white flag again once Latrells back, then that might be too much of a coincidence.

It would be a real shame if this was the case and places the club in a very tough situation.

Strange stuff,how about this Cody has a MOM game in SOO 3.Snce then he is throwing passes to players who aren’t even there?
How can a player go from top gun to top bum?
Easy don’t try!

another one of your classic posts Kev... the green must be good down on the South Coast

Realised it’s his last season, looks around and realises that he’s the guy in the team that need to make it happen.

Plus he was lining up against McInnes. He has success exploiting the size mismatch.

58 players have played prop forward in the NRL in 2024.

42 of these players have a tackle efficiency of 90% or more.
57 of these players have a tackle efficiency of 82% or more.

Then there's Tom Burgess, with a tackle efficiency of 76%.

He's missed 26 tackles in 6 games. The most of any prop forward.

Only Kikau with 31 missed tackles has more for all running forwards in the NRL (i.e. excluding hookers).

He is still running the ball hard but he cannot move laterally any more and is an absolute liability in defence.

He has been a HUGE part of this club for over a decade and will have a long-standing legacy here - both on and off the field.

But we've let him go at the right time.

Latest posts

Back