• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Anyone do ice/cold plunge/baths?

ZIG.NISZ.

Master
Reaction score
I do them just about everyday.
I just had this made up - made from the same material inflatable as Stand Up Paddle Boards.
Now waiting on delivery.

Attachments

• cold plunge.jpg
    cold plunge.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 3
I've tried cold plunges but these days just cold showers and the odd swim in winter.

What benefits are you seeing?

I've tried cold plunges but these days just cold showers and the odd swim in winter.

What benefits are you seeing?
I started them in February this year.
Have noticed that I don't get sick anymore - usually around this time, I have a couple of bad colds/flus where I have had to take time off.
Was also a terrible sleeper and that has improved.
General sense of well being - I feel good after coming out and that mood lasts through the day.
I started at 15 deg and now I easily do 5-6 degrees for 10 minutes.
Have only got it once below 4 degrees but very hard to get it to that hence why I am getting this new one and hopefully that can retain a lower temperature. Hoping to get it closer to zero.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

I first got interested in this via reading about Wim Hof, but this has got quite mainstream now and lots of reasonable evidence around it.

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

I first got interested in this via reading about Wim Hof, but this has got quite mainstream now and lots of reasonable evidence around it.
100% there is.
If I miss a day, I do notice it.
The initial immersion is a bit of a shock but then its surprising how the body adapts and a thermal layer forms. I need to wriggle around to feel the cold effects to break that thermal layer.
Also dunk my head a number of times to get the full body effect.
Have gotten out and then into the shower and a full cold shower feels warm! :D

I prefer the Japanese onsen myself. I have cold showers in summer but I've never tried an ice bath. I think I'd have a full-on asthma attack? (Being asthmatic)

100% there is.
If I miss a day, I do notice it.
The initial immersion is a bit of a shock but then its surprising how the body adapts and a thermal layer forms. I need to wriggle around to feel the cold effects to break that thermal layer.
Also dunk my head a number of times to get the full body effect.
Have gotten out and then into the shower and a full cold shower feels warm! :D
I first started cold showers a couple of summers ago. While it was hard at first, I actually began to crave it. Apparently it increases dopamine quite a bit.
Can't bring myself to try ice baths though.

I first started cold showers a couple of summers ago. While it was hard at first, I actually began to crave it. Apparently it increases dopamine quite a bit.
Can't bring myself to try ice baths though.
once you get started, you become addicted

I’m super fascinated by this.

Don’t know much about it, and haven’t read, seen anything by Win Hoff.

Would be interested in some of the details from the guys who’ve done it.

Particularly the breathing piece.

I’m asthmatic and the cold shock causes me to breathe poorly / start to get an asthma attack.

Latest posts

Back