• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

A subtle reminder

Bunny Boy

Reaction score
Not sure if this needs a new thread, so happy for the mods to merge.

But just had a proud Dad moment, and a subtle reminder all in one.

My eldest is a month off turning 5, and I am slightly concerned that the red and green bug has already got him.

He always has a million questions about the boys, why we hate the roosters, Sam Burgess and footy in general.

He watched the entire game yesterday and was super excited we got the W.

Fast forward 24 hours I hear some rustling in his room, then the sound of shuffling feet to the lounge room. I let him be and walk in some 10 mins later.

There he is, turned on Kayo, found the game (wtf?!?!) and was re watching it with his flag in hand.

"Son, why are you watching the game again".

"Because its Souths Dad, and we won....".

And then it hit me. Enjoy the wins like that kid in the 90s for crying out loud. Its more fun that way.

Love that mate. My boy was playing at half time yesterday. 10 years on from holding him as a newborn up in the nosebleeds for our GF win. The best memories ♥️💚

Love that mate. My boy was playing at half time yesterday. 10 years on from holding him as a newborn up in the nosebleeds for our GF win. The best memories ♥️💚

Amazing mate. You must have been so proud!

Absolutely mate, our kids have it pretty good compared to us 🤣🤣

It hasnt been a good 12 months, all the games I took my boy too theyd lost.

Felt like the 90s all over again...

"Dad I thought you said were the best"

😂

Ken oath mate.

I walked in to the game yesterday with my twin almost 11 year olds, and my daughter said "I'm nervous, I hope we win today". Without skipping a beat my son said to her "We will win, the Dogs are crap!"

As a bloke who grew up a Souths supporter in Bankstown area when the Dogs were winning premierships... it warms my heart.

Ken oath mate.

I walked in to the game yesterday with my twin almost 11 year olds, and my daughter said "I'm nervous, I hope we win today". Without skipping a beat my son said to her "We will win, the Dogs are crap!"

As a bloke who grew up a Souths supporter in Bankstown area when the Dogs were winning premierships... it warms my heart.

Brilliant. Love it!

Know the feeling all too well.

Ken oath mate.

Similar experience to yours...grew up in campsie but was a rabbit from 6 years of age...closest ground to get to as a kid was belmore...so many games sitting on that hill watching canterbury towel us up in the mid-70s/80s..having to endure the yahoos and the sledgers putting us down.... our last 7-8 years of dominance has tipped the balance a little back our way....but its not the same when you're 50/60 compared to when you are in your teens

Back