• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

2024 State of Origin

Maroons team for Game Two​

1. Reece Walsh (Broncos)
  2. Xavier Coates (Storm)
  3. Valentine Holmes (Cowboys)
  4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins)
  5. Murray Taulagi (Cowboys)
  6. Tom Dearden (Cowboys)
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans, capt. (Sea Eagles)
  8. Reuben Cotter (Cowboys)
  9. Ben Hunt (Dragons)
  10. Lindsay Collins (Roosters)
  11. Jaydn Su'A (Dragons)
  12. Jeremiah Nanai (Cowboys)
  13. Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)
  14. Harry Grant (Storm)
  15. Moeaki Fotuaika (Titans)
  16. Felise Kaufusi (Dolphins)
  17. Kurt Capewell (Warriors)
  18. Dane Gagai (Knights)
  19. Heilum Luki (Cowboys)
  20. Trent Loiero (Storm)
Coach: Billy Slater

Maroons team for Game Two​

1. Reece Walsh (Broncos)
  2. Xavier Coates (Storm)
  3. Valentine Holmes (Cowboys)
  4. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins)
  5. Murray Taulagi (Cowboys)
  6. Tom Dearden (Cowboys)
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans, capt. (Sea Eagles)
  8. Reuben Cotter (Cowboys)
  9. Ben Hunt (Dragons)
  10. Lindsay Collins (Roosters)
  11. Jaydn Su'A (Dragons)
  12. Jeremiah Nanai (Cowboys)
  13. Patrick Carrigan (Broncos)
  14. Harry Grant (Storm)
  15. Moeaki Fotuaika (Titans)
  16. Felise Kaufusi (Dolphins)
  17. Kurt Capewell (Warriors)
  18. Dane Gagai (Knights)
  19. Heilum Luki (Cowboys)
  20. Trent Loiero (Storm)
Coach: Billy Slater
The back 5's almost cancel each other out.

Walsh is the only one that is a bit of a wildcard. A very different fullback to Edwards.

But the centres are evenly matched - maybe even a slight advantage to NSW.

The Wingers are interesting, but I think Coates acrobatics in the air are offset by Lomax and Taulagi and To'o are evenly matched.

NSW's forward pack is better than game 1, but I still think that's where we will struggle.

I actually believe the inclusion of Trell with Crichton will totally shut down the Hammer & Holmes

Slightly better side for NSW.

The inclusions of Murray and Mitchell will make a difference. NSW lack creativity in the halves though.

Before game 1 I said NSW will struggle to score points. They have addressed that a little but still not sure they can score enough points to beat QLD. Unless Trell has one of those games

I think Watson is a good inclusion to give Robson a breather as I think he struggles playing 80 in Origin. NSW could still be caught short if an outside back goes down. I guess Watson could cover there? Qld have brought in Capewell for Cobbo to cover in the backs in case they lose someone in the backline as well as being a decent bench forward.

I take it back. While I don’t go for NSW, I kinda want Trell to have a man of the match performance and single handedly win Game 2 for the Blues.

Go Trell!

Why even play the game? Hand QLD the trophy. Supporters in NSW are such soft cocks.
We can't just hand them the trophy. We have to go through the pantomime of playing the series so the Queenslanders believe they won. It also happens to make the NRL, and thus the clubs, a crap load of money out of the once-a-year supporter.

Otherwise, I would have no problem just handing Qld the trophy.

Only Graham and Tatola are first grade standard in that list. Munro will be, just not yet.

This is a reason NSW is shit/don't get origin.

Club football has nothing to do with rep footy. Support your state FFS! There is a more tangible, common reason to support NSW than a club - we are all NSWmen. Instead, support seems to be optional based on who is in the team (club bias), and then it's a fingers crossed they don't get injured instead of them contributing to a win.

Imagine German Bayern Munich fans or Spanish Real Madrid fans wanting England to win the Euros because Harry Kane or Jude Bellingham play in their team. This is the situation we have in NSW with Origin. It's ridiculous.

Why even play the game? Hand QLD the trophy. Supporters in NSW are such soft cocks.

Because a lot of us don't give a flying **** about the state of origin.

Becaue my support is reserved for South Sydney and South Sydney alone.

When we got booted, I didn't watch a single half of any game for the entire time we were kicked out.

You can stick the state of origin where the sun don't shine.

I love Queensland, lovely place, great holiday destination and fascinating scenery and wildlife.

Last edited:
The series was created to make the Queenslanders happy after losing for so long in the interstate series. The eligibility rules have been manipulated over the years as well to help out the Cane toads because they couldn't hang on to the star players; such that we have had dual international Queenslanders play in origin. The parody song about nearly every town or city being in Queensland sums it up actually. Nothing to do with State pride at all; it's a business and there's bucks to be made every which way to Sunday. We don't like them and they don't like us; don't need a mid-season fake fest for bragging rights. As for priority will always be South Sydney...never want to have that feeling of no team to support that we fought hard to be reinstated. Don't ever forget. Souths before the NRL or SOO.

Origin has outlived it's purpose. They achieved their goal of turning QLD into a rugby league state. It's now time to move on and concentrate on international footy . But play the games so they aren't depleting teams of their stars during the season.

Latest posts

Back