• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 5: Rabbitohs v Warriors

Just glad we’ve got a good turnaround and back at home.

The Warriors have plenty of grit and determination and are a different outfit from years gone by - but that didn’t stop us beating them last year on their own home turf.

AJ is a huge loss but I still think with Gagai (hopefully) we can do the job.

It’ll be a good measure of what kind of team we are in 2024.

Do they still have a kids art & craft section or the like?
Given its our only day game for the year (how shocking) contemplating whether I take my daughter for her first game and sit behind the posts so we dont annoy anyone 😄

Given its our only day game for the year (how shocking) contemplating whether I take my daughter for her first game and sit behind the posts so we dont annoy anyone 😄
I feel very old knowing that you're a Dad now Bully.

Only felt like yesterday you were this schoolkid posting but that was like 12 years ago!!!

I feel very old knowing that you're a Dad now Bully.

Only felt like yesterday you were this schoolkid posting but that was like 12 years ago!!!
Haha I felt very old writing the post above…Got home from the Dogs game to my daughter at the door “I want to go Rabbitohs game”. Not confident she’ll be as excited once she is there though 🤪

Haha I felt very old writing the post above…Got home from the Dogs game to my daughter at the door “I want to go Rabbitohs game”. Not confident she’ll be as excited once she is there though 🤪
I remember taking my now soon to be 17 year old son for the first time. He was 3 and we sat behind the posts so I could let him run up and down the aisle.

Man I am old :oops:

I remember boarding the plane to go to NZ last year knowing that it was going to be torrential rain during the game and seeing the centre pairing of Milne and Kennar. I was thinking to myself what the hell am I doing. In the end it was one of the best experiences. One of those badge of honours being there in it.

We are now potentially looking at having those same 2 players playing on the wing for us.

We do have an exceptional record over them in recent years. Winning 8 in a row and 14 of the last 15 games. Yet we are both different teams from then.

This will be the first time we play them at Accor since 2017 as well. Will be interesting to see how many Warriors fans turn up. I’m thinking there will be a fair few Kiwi’s in attendance for this one and not just @Callmack1

It will be a tough game and one where we will need to improve out of sight from the Dogs game. We haven’t won back to back games since we went on that run up to round 11 last year. We need to build off a win.

Mate I’m in the same boat 😂. I think the little one wants to go this week but can’t see her lasting the 80 without some sort of entertainment.

Take her thats what memories are made of,believe me they grow to quick

Just checked the weather forecast for this Saturday and it looks like a lot of rain coming end of this week and for Saturday. That'll help us.

Arrive 5 mins before kickoff. Bring ear muffs.

They had face painting next to the merch shop on the Western (carpark) side at the Dogs game. The Game Day Hub (not up yet) on the Website will tell you the main things they have.
Dogs example: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/round-4-vs-bulldogs

Sometimes they have a poster making station. I got my kids to make a ‘We love Latrell’ poster at home that they could hold up - bonus peace at home & the game.

Another Monday, so we roll into another Round of Footy. It's a bit of a different feeling heading into this one as this time, we're coming off a win! We take on the Warriors in a Saturday afternoon game at Accor in what should be a cracker of a day!

Really looking forward to this one! Playing the Warriors is always a big game for me personally as being a kiwi and living in NZ, you're constantly surrounded by it. Most of my mates, including my best matea are Warriors fans, so it's always personal. This one will be even bigger, and it'll be a bit of a different build up as I'm still over here in Sydney and will be going to this game too, so I won't be constantly hounded by NZ fans all week ahaha.

We've certainly had the wood on them over the years, winning 14 of our last 15 games against them or something like that. The game we played them over in NZ last year was kind of similar to this one coming in. We were down on our luck, but really lifted to completely dominate them in a bit of a surprise performance. Let's hope for similar this week.

It's certainly not going to be easy, potentially even tougher than last time we played. I think the Warriors are a great side and a genuine Premiership contender this year so we're really up against it. They have a massive forward pack, classy halves and a big, fast and skillful backline. They'll be very hard to contain, and we'll come into this one as massive underdogs.

However, what I want to see us do this week is prove that Good Friday was hopefully a bit of a turning point and see us back it up with a good performance on Saturday afternoon. If we really lift, complete like we did against the Dogs, tidy up our discipline in defence, and show the sort of grit we did last week on our own line, then anything is possible. As I said, we're up against it but you never know!

I'm so keen for this week!! Really looking forward to being there for my last game of this trip to Aus. I hope the boys are just as keen as me. Let's go!!

Back