• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 3: Rabbitohs v Roosters

Callmack1

Staff member
Reaction score
Hate. It's a word that's thrown around pretty loosely these days. "I hate this," "I hate that." I think everyone uses it without really thinking about it. It's a word that as we grow up, we're taught that we shouldn't really use. But you know what, when I say I hate the Roosters, when we say we hate the Roosters, that's not using the word loosely and it's a word we should use often as it's exactly the word we should use for them. We haven't just said it and not really thought about it. It's exactly the way I feel about them and I'm sure I speak for all Souths fans when I say that. It's an intense, burning hatred for these pricks from Bondi that is so intense. It will never, ever die. In fact, I don't even know if hate is a strong enough word to describe how we feel about them.

That's right, this week, another chapter gets written into the Book of Feuds. The rivalry resumes and the hate comes to the surface as we take on our arch-rivals, the Roosters, on Friday night at Allianz. The two oldest clubs in the League, there's 116 years of pure hatred in this one. Pure envy, pure spite, pure feelings. I don't even know how to describe it. How do you describe it? It's impossible. Probably one of the best ways to describe it would be sin bin Sunday a couple years back, that pretty much sums up how our two clubs feel about each other. I have a feeling we could be in for something similar this week and there'll be nothing short of fireworks.

Look, it might only be Round 3, but there's no two ways about it, this is an absolute must win given the way we've started the year. Languishing in 16th place on the ladder is simply not acceptable at any stage of the Season and we need to really start turning it around, and fast, or we'll be in real trouble. This is going to be such a massive challenge, possibly the biggest challenge we've faced so far in 2024 as I hate to say it, but the Roosters will be up there with the top teams. But you know what? If there was any game to turn around our fortunes, it's this one. The rivalry, the derby. If this game doesn't get the boys fired up and ready to roar, then I don't know what will. If we could somehow get up for the and get one over these pricks, it completely changes the narrative of our Season start so that is what we have to be gunning for and gunning for hard. Our backs are against the wall here and we need to rise above that and fight our way back. Doing it against the scum would be sweet.

We get Wighton in for this one for his club debut which will be massive. Hopefully he can help trigger a change in fortune for us. I'm also hoping there'll be a few changes.

I don't know if I've looked forward to a game quite like this. Personally, for me, this is going to be one of the biggest games of my life as despite supporting this club my entire life, I have never been to a game on Australian soil. That all changes and a dream comes true for me at Allianz on Friday night as I will be there at the game. Screaming my lungs out, trying to do everything I can to get the boys home. I will get to experience the roar of a Sydney crowd, and the passion and hatred of the Rabbitohs-Roosters rivalry for the first time ever in person. Ughhh I couldn't be more excited!!!

So, strap yourself in folks as the rivalry resumes for 2024 and we get ready to write the next chapter in the Book of Feuds! I hope it will be our chapter. Enjoy the buildup during the week, it should be a cracker!! Let's dance!!!

Glory, Glory.

Have you recycled one of your previews? I feel like I read this last year! 😂

So talk Jye Gray will be the 14 this week and that Ilias will be kept in the 7.

Have a safe trip over @Callmack1 I am so happy you’re coming over have a safe trip over. I look forward to seeing you at the Dogs game mate.

JWH 300th for the scum yuk!

I don't know if I've looked forward to a game quite like this. Personally, for me, this is going to be one of the biggest games of my life as despite supporting this club my entire life, I have never been to a game on Australian soil. That all changes and a dream comes true for me at Allianz on Friday night as I will be there at the game. Screaming my lungs out, trying to do everything I can to get the boys home. I will get to experience the roar of a Sydney crowd, and the passion and hatred of the Rabbitohs-Roosters rivalry for the first time ever in person. Ughhh I couldn't be more excited!!!
Well I hope you’re our lucky charm Callmack.

Of course if we do win on Friday night, you will have to become like Kempy and be at every game for the rest of the season! 🤣

Well I hope you’re our lucky charm Callmack.

Of course if we do win on Friday night, you will have to become like Kempy and be at every game for the rest of the season! 🤣
You will have to put him up and employ him then. 😜

The opposition is largely trivial at this point. We’ve got bigger problems.

Will be fascinated to see how they line the starting pack up (given the changes they made last week), as well as how they configure the bench.

No NSW Cup over the weekend, so would be a desperate move to debut Gray (if it was based on performance, then why not do it the week before).

Can’t see it being a happy night for us given what we’ve shown of late/last year.

Brisbane served that game up on a platter, as did Manly.

We get behind, right the ship for 10 minutes, then fall in a heap. Can’t see anything to suggest anything changes there come Friday night.

Effort is there but we’re all over the shop as a team.

I wonder what this weeks mantra will be? Week 1 we didn’t defend our errors. Week 2 we made too many errors. Week 3…?

I wonder what this weeks mantra will be? Week 1 we didn’t defend our errors. Week 2 we made too many errors. Week 3…?
Week 3 we had a 95% completion rate but spent the whole game running one off the ruck and scored 0 points

Back