• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Player Keaon Koloamatangi

100% put his hand up to play out of his comfort zone at prop for basically 80 minutes. The type of guy you want to play with, team first mentality. Super proud!

100% put his hand up to play out of his comfort zone at prop for basically 80 minutes. The type of guy you want to play with, team first mentality. Super proud!
He actually wants to play the in the middle. Similar to arrow where they were moved by Bennett to the edge. I think edge is the go for him but he did very well in the middle and when we have troops back should be allowed to roam in field for some tough runs and tackles when we need aggression

I underestimated how big a motor he has. Playing 78 minutes in the middle was a huge effort. Still managed to jump up on the pack to celebrate the winning field goal.

Keaon has the potential to be one of the best second rowers in the comp and I hope he does that with us.
Now that he’s in the Origin fold his profile will skyrocket. He was the best second rower on the paddock in Game 3.

Now that he’s in the Origin fold his profile will skyrocket. He was the best second rower on the paddock in Game 3.
I reckon we will have to pay close to 800k a season on his new deal

I reckon we will have to pay close to 800k a season on his new deal
Personally I doubt it. Someone wanting to buy him would need to pay that (and even then only a bottom 8 side would spend that cash). Home team gets the discount. Especially when he has no desire to leave.

If he did want 800k, he can leave. Ala the treatment we gave Crichton. You can’t pay non core players market value or overs and keep your cap balanced. Keaton isn’t Cody, or Latrell or Cam. He’s a tier below with Arrow, Graham and Tom. A good tier, but not silly money.

In the Tele tomorrow:

SOUTHS JUNIOR TO RE-SIGN

South Sydney are close to agreeing a two-year extension with NSW backrower Keaon Koloamatangi.

Sport Confidential understands that talks are well advanced on a deal that will keep Koloamatangi at the club until the end of 2026.

The local junior has no appetite to leave and the Rabbitohs are keen to keep him at the club, that desire only amplified by his selection in the Blues side that won the final game of the State of Origin series. The Rabbitohs recently signed centre Campbell Graham to a long-term extension.

Back