• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What is the problem with Souths

What is the problem with Souths

• Coach

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Solly

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Recruitment/retention

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Development

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Spine / halves options

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Our medical team

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • fitness

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • injuries

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • draw

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • discipline

Votes: 20 27.4%

• Total voters

wheelbarrow

Reaction score
A Poll to understand the forum views on our current situation .... what are the key causes of our current situation.
You can vote for 3 which you believe is the key cause of our current problems.

I think allowing three is a good idea.

Will be interested to see the results.

You could legit pick every one of the choices as a contributing factor.

I went with Discipline, Injuries and Spine/Halves Options.

If we have 3 or 4 more top players available, play a disciplined game and have good spine options then I'd say not suggesting we'd be leading the comp, but I think we would have had some wins.

Much like on field was a culmination across the park, there’s a similar issue with the club as a whole.

As most have said, pretty much all on that list is sub standard at the moment. Then you add things like how membership packs are rolled out, injury reports are communicated etc and it’s a much wider and deeper issue.

I just hope wherever or whoever is responsible for where this drop in standards started gets flicked swiftly with a big balls replacement ASAP.

We worked so hard to sit at the big boys table. There was a period of time where it was basically us, the Storm and the Panthers. It will be such a shame to have that hard work only amount to under 10 years of on field ‘success’ before dropping back to the wilderness of mediocrity.

I think it’s largely psychological

- not able to tune in and stay focussed for 80min,

- don’t think individually they can make a difference to the result

- May think they could win; but don’t believe collectively they will win.

Game management, medical team, development, whatever the problem was that made the assistant coaches leave last year

Leadership.

on and off the field, we got none.

Worst part it's self-inflicted.

I put R&R but literally every option is just as credible. As a club we literally haven't made one correct decision in the last 2 years....with the possible exception of resigning Jye Gray.

Resigning Cook on a long expensive contract....wrong!
Extending Keon for ridiculous money....wrong!
Not firing JD at the end of last season.....wrong!
Signing a reggies prop in Keppie for 3 years........wrong!
Re signing Milne, Kennar and Thompson as backup....wrong!
Not dealing with CG's sternum injury in the off season like a sane club would have....wrong!
Letting Sua go and thinking they can get by with Host and Cheeks..........wrong!
Probably a dozen more I can't think of right now

Seriously, we have become the dumbest club in the NRL. I mean you would think the law of averages would dictate that we make a correct decision at least half the time.

Interesting that most of us think Fitness is a major issue.

Flies in the face of a couple of so called experts on here...

When you think about it, how long have we had these issues?
In 2021 we had players on the bench and got absolutely flogged by Penrith and Melbourne.

Back