• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

What are you currently listening to?

This was on a ski slope at Karuizawa in Japan in '86. A triple header with Santana and Steve Lukather. I was there - incredibly hungover - but it was amazing. So glad to have found this vid. So sad to lose the great man...

Gotta love music. You can have an opinion on music without leaches wanting to TEAR DOWN and argue a point without actually understanding everything you say. I do however take solace in the fact that many of my opinions have been pretty close to the mark during my time posting on this website. Maybe I should just stick to my music opinions ...ha ha . Enjoy !

Last edited:
I clearly remember a bloke John Cage who wrote concerto for silent piano.
All these upper middle class twits would pay to go and imagine what Cage was playing on a piano with no strings!
lololol.

The Greatest musicians /composers of the 20th century.
THE BEATLES.
daylight.

Haven't been here for a while , but this song is fitting for tonight and with the added services of Snoop, a Souths fan .

Following his sad passing last week I’ve been listening to a bit of Broderick Smith.

You blokes are nowhere man,I have been listening to Antisoft the self proclaimed worlds greatest guitarist and the secret behind Souths success.
He confided to me that his favourite music is John Cages Concerto for Silent Piano in Dflat minor.
It’s a killer! 🥵

Last edited:
If you're talking composers than Jeff Lynne and his work with ELO has to be rated highly.

We have an endless history of great songwriters in contemporary music, decade after decade.

Bowie was an incredible writer, could paint a picture with lyrics or the music.
The Doors wrote some very interesting stuff, so too Jagger and Richards.

Simon and Garfunkel had a great partnership.

The Bee Gees were absolute masters at songwriting.

In country music we have been blessed with Dolly Parton, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams etc.

Obviously Sir Paul and Lennon were at a level that influenced music, fashion and culture, and though he doesn't get a lot of credit as a writer Harrison was not far behind them.

As far as Aussie songwriters go INXS were great writers of commercial music and managed to have a very unique sound. The Finn brothers know how to write great songs as well.

The Easybeats were awesome as writers.

How lucky are we to have great music to listen to across so many decades.

Ren. Anything this bloke does is terrific - singing, rapping, storytelling. A modern day bard.

Back