• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Match Discussion Round 15: Rabbitohs v Broncos

Callmack1

Staff member
Reaction score
Coming into Round 15 now, coming into the second half of the Season which is pretty crazy. We're back at home on Friday night for a big one against the Broncos. I can't wait, feels good to be genuinely excited about a game again.

This will be the big test of where we're really at right now. We'll find out whether our last two games have really been a case of our opposition being poor or whether we are genuinely starting to turn the tide slightly and whether we're getting there. No doubt our boys will go in with a bit of confidence but I hope that's not false confidence.

Interestingly, we come into this with a bit of winning form, and the Broncos come in with a bit of losing form. I'm not saying we're playing better than the Broncos, but their last couple of games certainly haven't gone to plan. Despite this, I still see them as a genuine contender, and this will be a huge challenge on Friday night. We're going to be really up against it. I hope we're ready.

No Walsh for them, and Cam may be a chance of coming back for us.

Big week, let's get into it!!

Coming into Round 15 now, coming into the second half of the Season which is pretty crazy. We're back at home on Friday night for a big one against the Broncos. I can't wait, feels good to be genuinely excited about a game again.

This will be the big test of where we're really at right now. We'll find out whether our last two games have really been a case of our opposition being poor or whether we are genuinely starting to turn the tide slightly and whether we're getting there. No doubt our boys will go in with a bit of confidence but I hope that's not false confidence.

Interestingly, we come into this with a bit of winning form, and the Broncos come in with a bit of losing form. I'm not saying we're playing better than the Broncos, but their last couple of games certainly haven't gone to plan. Despite this, I still see them as a genuine contender, and this will be a huge challenge on Friday night. We're going to be really up against it. I hope we're ready.

No Walsh for them, and Cam may be a chance of coming back for us.

Big week, let's get into it!!
Interesting:
Broncos only have 3 players listed out injured and 2 of them are due back soon.
Bulldogs only 4 and 1 due back soon.
Dolphins only 5 and 3 due back next week.
Dragons only 3 and 2 due back soon.
Eels only 3 and 2 due back soon.
Knights only 5 and 2 due back soon.
Panthers only 3 and 1 back soon.
Roosters 4 and 2 due back soon.
I've looked enough. I wonder what the real figures are?

None of this compares at all to us.

If Kennar and Milne can hold their own, we might be in with a chance. Speed again will be an issue as it was last week, but our forwards were magnificent. Davvy has been so impressive since his inhibitor Demetriou was punted.

If Kennar and Milne can hold their own, we might be in with a chance. Speed again will be an issue as it was last week, but our forwards were magnificent. Davvy has been so impressive since his inhibitor Demetriou was punted.
I cant see them matching the Broncos speed.

Nah seriously, we’re an outside chance for sure, I’m not confident, but hopeful
Issue is how much speed they still have on their edges and us being able to put down Haas and Carrigan.

Anyway I’m not worried yet I’m enjoying yesterdays win a lot so happy!

Only change I think we will see is Liva out Le Blanc to debut. Unless Murray is back then it’s Keaon to prop and Keppie bench

If we focus on our defence our attack will do the rest. We are a big chance on Friday night.
Hope so mate a bit concerned about them targeting our edges speed wise.

Broncos will burn us on the edges for speed like most teams do now. We need a repeat performance of last week. Latrells kicking game, the kick chase, the scrambling defence, the offloads, the backing up and the intensity for the full 80 mins will put points on the board and put pressure on the Broncos. Maybe we can get lucky.

Broncos have been poor of late. They have lost some key players as well. If they play like their second halves their previous 2 games then we should win.

It will be interesting to see if the injury to Havili will see Liam Le Blanc make his debut? Maybe Cam will return?

One thing though I want to see and others have mentioned is Keaon to stay in the middle.

Back