• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

RIP Mulloes

MegaRabbitoh

Grand Master
Reaction score
RIP to the great Doug Mulray who died today aged 71. He was the absolute funniest and best radio comedian ever and paved the way for all those that followed including "boy wonder" Andrew Denton.

One of his funniest gags I will always remember was a segment on sending up hyphenated names. Apart from regularly saying you should never trust anyone with two first names, they did a routine where they came up with hypothetical marriages of people to create funny hyphenated names which were all pretty amusing but all just a set up for the final one before Mulloes then threw to a commercial leaving us in stitches. Mulloes went last and said, "what if Brains from Thunderbirds married Claudia Schiffer? She'd be Claudia Schiffer-Brains" which, when said quickly .... well the gag should be obvious.

My mates and I started calling each other "Claudia" whenever we wanted to call the other stupid. "That's Claudia!" or "Don't be so Claudia". :D

Had a head for radio as he always said and his TV career pretty well proved that. :)

Legend of Australian comedy no doubt. RIP to the great Doug Mulray. Well played.

Last edited:
He was great.

His impersonation of Alan Jones was awesome: "eeeeewwwwww, it's abominable".

A great Aussie.

RIP Uncle.

Latest posts

Back