• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Spot on. I don’t recall hearing Chammis or Reed getting into stinks outside pubs

In saying that I don’t think that’s a sackable event. Would a truck driver or bank teller be sacked🤔
No but if you were an CEO or exec probably…..except if you are David Gyngell in which case punch on 😂

No but if you were an CEO or exec probably…..except if you are David Gyngell in which case punch on 😂
There are behaviour clauses in most employment contracts these days.

If you were identifiable in a video carrying on like that, most companies would issue you with a warning at the very least.

I could tell you some stories…

Spot on. I don’t recall hearing Chammis or Reed getting into stinks outside pubs

In saying that I don’t think that’s a sackable event. Would a truck driver or bank teller be sacked🤔
Truck drivers and bank tellers are not high profile figures with a media future that relies on image to attract sponsors etc.

Kent accepts the salary that comes with his position so you have to accept the scrutiny etc as well.

Truck drivers and bank tellers are not high profile figures with a media future that relies on image to attract sponsors etc.

Kent accepts the salary that comes with his position so you have to accept the scrutiny etc as well.
Devils advocate, he isn't a celebrity he is a sports commentator who wouldn't be recognised by 95% of Australians. I wouldn't call his job high profile. Personally I don't think getting into a drunken push and shove should cost him his job.

Kids look up to nrl players and try to emulate them. No kid is looking up to paul Kent. He is a nobody. Let the man fight 😁

He’s a talking head on a panel show and a journalist.

His employers need him to come across as a somewhat reliable, measured human being.

Getting thrown into a tree upside down at age 54 for getting ‘shit talked’ and looking for a fight isn’t that.

Devils advocate, he isn't a celebrity he is a sports commentator who wouldn't be recognised by 95% of Australians. I wouldn't call his job high profile. Personally I don't think getting into a drunken push and shove should cost him his job.

Kids look up to nrl players and try to emulate them. No kid is looking up to paul Kent. He is a nobody. Let the man fight 😁
He is definitely high profile.

He appears on TV and is a well known journo.

Whether it should cost him his job isnt up to us, its whether his employers think that is a good look for their company.

I wonder whether NRL360 will discuss Kent’s indiscretion the same as if it was a footballer. Ie keep repeating the video, hammer him for being on the drink, give opinions on whether he should be sacked or how long suspended. I wait with bated breath.

Latest posts

Back