• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

News, General Articles and Discussion

Can’t stop people talking.

And it definitely is a thing. Contract won’t be registered for a start.

And there are penalties in place.
Seems strange to have a rule that can't be enforced.

From what I was told a while ago it was between Ryles and Young. I haven’t heard anything since. But from what was told of me I would be shocked if it weren’t Young.
And that's why they'll fail again and again like NSW, pick based on connections not on actual results

If someone like Wayne Bennett states that new coaches should gain experience as a head coach of their own team before taking on a NRL 1st grade job I would say that it is pretty spot on advice, JD has had plenty of experience and success as a head coach in QRL, UK and state league as well as assistant roles as a NRL coach, as far as Rookie coaches they dont come much better qualified.
Exactly.

Madge and Robinson also had stints in the UK

There’s a big difference between being an assistant coach and not dealing with the man management and being top dog, where 75% of the role is man management

Dragons should be appointing Flanagan if they are serious

Sounds like we are having a forward crisis with sele and tatola being lured elsewhere. Interesting things is they were no bodies when we signed them so wonder if we can do it again.

Sounds like we are having a forward crisis with sele and tatola being lured elsewhere. Interesting things is they were no bodies when we signed them so wonder if we can do it again.
Sounds like Tatola's manager is playing games. No way is Parra offering that amount of money, and has there actually been a confirmation of Sele going ? Pretty sure JD will get the last say on his contract. From all reports they are very close.

If he wants 700k, yeah we can and should.

Love him but he's not a 700k player.
Mmmmm that is probably a fair call. I'd like us to do everything we can to keep him to a certain point. I think $600k, $650k maximum for Junior would be fair. What's the max you'd pay?

Mmmmm that is probably a fair call. I'd like us to do everything we can to keep him to a certain point. I think $600k, $650k maximum for Junior would be fair. What's the max you'd pay?
It's a hard one as I am no expert on pay and we only have rumours to go on for comparisons, but on what amounts are floated for other forwards I'd think he is around a 550K player maybe?

Has not played SOO, he doesn't win you games. Would love to keep him and I think he's great, but 700k seems steep to me.

I think some of us - including me - are living in the past in forward salaries.

If you look at the article @Smiths Crisps posted, the median for a prop was >$800k.

So maybe Tats is worth $700k.

I have no doubt that this is a bargaining ploy by his manager and I don’t think we’ll pay him $700k - but RL careers are particularly short for Props so get what you can should be his mantra.

Based on last years form he was a strong consideration for origin I thought but this year injuries have had an impact. He is definitely coming into his prime and I think his next couple of years will be his best.

Back