• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Latest Rumours

When he does sign and it becomes official he us going to Rugby, watch the narrative change in Rugby League circles. I doubt the gushing about him will continue. It was all to keep him in the NRL.

Ok. I get that.

But as much as I dislike agreeing with @Antisoft - I am not seeing what all the hype is about.

No doubt if he was playing for us, I’d be defending him to the hilt, but I’d still have this nagging feeling in teh back of my mind that he’s not matching the hype.

Now…in 3 years, I can see him being a superstar, no doubt.

But he’s a barely adequate centre atm.

If this does happen it will further justify the decision by Souths not to give in to his year by year clause.
Not really

We would of had him for 4 seasons, all of which we required a winger of his calibre

He could of been the difference between another prelim or a premiership

Roosters will buy anyone they can the next two seasons to try and get theirs

Not really

We would of had him for 4 seasons, all of which we required a winger of his calibre

What a load of codswallop.

What a load of codswallop.
How so?

Did we replace him with Cobbo, Coates, Young, Oates or any other young outstanding athlete?

Nope. We signed Kennar and Thompson and experimented with Paulo

It’s a good decision if we filled the void. We didn’t.

Looking at recruitment/retention as pure ins-and-outs isn't a very nuanced viewpoint

Last edited:
Anyway, on recruitment... I'd be keeping an eye on Daine Laurie. He can't be happy sitting on the bench with the filth at the Tigers currently getting a run.

Anyway, on recruitment... I'd be keeping an eye on Daine Laurie. He can't be happy sitting on the bench with the filth at the Tigers currently getting a run.
What position would you play him, Trell has fullback locked up and that only leaves the right wing?

Not really

I guess the club can’t do anything right in your eyes. It’s funny that you make out as though he is the next GI. I’ll back the club here for not letting a 17 year old throw those sort of demands and bending over to them.

I guess the club can’t do anything right in your eyes. It’s funny that you make out as though he is the next GI. I’ll back the club here for not letting a 17 year old throw those sort of demands and bending over to them.
Mate if your happy finishing 4th every year good for you

But it was only 4 weeks ago when I applauded the talent the club brought into the Ball side.

Unlike you though I don’t know think the club is infallible and will vent when I believe so. The only way to improve is to stop looking over the fence and complaining about the Roosters and look at ourselves and be better

The Roosters didn’t steal Sualli, we pushed him out. And the media’s love affair started when Richo kept spruiking we have the best junior in the country in the media and GIs replacement before he was signed

I have always stated JS is a rare athlete and a winger nothing more. But do your best to misconstrue my words

GI was the rarest of athletes, as not only was he an athlete but a footballer as well

Back