• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

John Stossel

How about some real skepticism.
Haha, great ad for simpletons, they forgot to mention the part where the royalties from our coal and gas exports pay for our hospitals, aged pensions, job seeker etc, as well as the manufacture of fertilisers for our farming industry so that we don't starve.

Haha, great ad for simpletons, they forgot to mention the part where the royalties from our coal and gas exports pay for our hospitals, aged pensions, job seeker etc, as well as the manufacture of fertilisers for our farming industry so that we don't starve.
Industries change throughout the eras and the dirty fossil fuel polluters will be replaced too, just like the horse and buggy brigade - society didn't collapse - with the new industries not only contributing but also hopefully paying their fair share in tax and leaving politics to the people.

Industries change throughout the eras and the dirty fossil fuel polluters will be replaced too, just like the horse and buggy brigade - society didn't collapse - with the new industries not only contributing but also hopefully paying their fair share in tax and leaving politics to the people.
Then should australia stop using all fossil fuels right now and stop selling it to other counties?

Then should australia stop using all fossil fuels right now and stop selling it to other counties?
No, that would be catastrophic and therefore stupid. It can only be done gradually but as quickly as possible without causing the economy to collapse.

Stupid and pointless question. That's extremist, all-or-nothing thinking.

No, that would be catastrophic and therefore stupid. It can only be done gradually but as quickly as possible without causing the economy to collapse.

Stupid and pointless question. That's extremist, all-or-nothing thinking.
Then I don't know why you continually attack me because basically I agree with you albeit for different reasons but the the people pushing for fossil fuels to be shut down seem to think it can all be done next week and now we have coal-fired power stations being shut down prematurely.

Then I don't know why you continually attack me because basically I agree with you albeit for different reasons but the the people pushing for fossil fuels to be shut down seem to think it can all be done next week and now we have coal-fired power stations being shut down prematurely.
I'm not attacking you, just correcting the flood of ceaseless far right wing disinformation that you are hellbent on pushing forever and a day. And if anyone is silly enough to say it should all be done immediately, just ignore them. No one here is saying that.

But get real. You are a climate change denier as far as human activity is concerned so don't suddenly put some sheep's clothing on and paint yourself as moderate and reasonable because you're obviously not.

Give it a bloody rest already. Just going in circles.

opecI'm not attacking you, just correcting the flood of ceaseless far right wing disinformation that you are hellbent on pushing forever and a day. And if anyone is silly enough to say it should all be done immediately, just ignore them. No one here is saying that.

But get real. You are a climate change denier as far as human activity is concerned so don't suddenly put some sheep's clothing on and paint yourself as moderate and reasonable because you're obviously not.

Give it a bloody rest already. Just going in circles.
There you go twisting things to suit your own agenda again, I believe the climate is changing but I'm not in a panic about it because in reality nothing australia does will change anything and I'm happy for those that want an alternative to petrol and diesel because then we won't be at the mercy of OPEC.

My only "agenda" is correct information - good; incorrect disinformation - bad.

People can have their differing opinions for all I care. Just don't spread lies.

Peace.

My only "agenda" is correct information - good; incorrect disinformation - bad.

People can have their differing opinions for all I care. Just don't spread lies.

Peace.
People have the right to make up their own minds and not be subjected to left-wing cancel culture. ;)

Back