• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

I've got a new rash

Q&A back on tonight with a lot of FN discussion. Some differing opinions on the panel ……..will make interesting viewing

No. Because half of the people in this thread are deluded and the other half are wasting their own time, energy and sensibility.
And is it your thesis that the people who aren’t deluded will think they are, while the people who are deluded will think they aren’t?

Balanced opinion from Stan Grant?, that will be the day.
Q&A back on tonight with a lot of FN discussion. Some differing opinions on the panel ……..will make interesting viewing

Watch this from 6.50 the discussion is re a matter in the AFL re racism Alan Jones brings up a very relevant point re the domestic violence and sexual abuse in the NT and the fact its kept out of the narrative and Stan Grant shuts it down, IE we dont go there because its our issue and we cant pin it on wider Australia.
I agree. Way too right wing.

FnS9hT4aEAAoCZe

January 26th marks the day that Capt Arthur Phillip (later Governor) arrived in Sydney harbour (not called that then obviously) with a bunch of convicts to establish a penal colony to replace the US, as they'd been booted out of there by the Americans.

With respect to @bigbopper - with the commencement of Australian passports on the 26/1 - the date has nothing to do with the establishment of Australia - which occurred on the 1st January 1901.
But Australians were still British subjects

Cheers

Show was ok last night but clearly showed what an uphill battle the “voice“ is facing.
no only it’s implementation but it’s administration

Thought the show was very poor, Lydia Thorpe ranted about Aboriginals in jail in the NT and how they need to be let out, nobody challenged her on this, IE the NT is in a crime wave, peoples lives are being ruined and residents are leaving because of crime and alcohol violence and rather than address the fact its her people who are running amok and need to address their behavior she makes out its on us and not them, Bridgett Mckenzie should have jumped on her but didnt, very poor, also nobody took her to task on the treaty she wants, ie its all about having cash reparation and more power.
Show was ok last night but clearly showed what an uphill battle the “voice“ is facing.
no only it’s implementation but it’s administration

Last edited:
The thing I am least proud of as an Australian is the small but vocal racism that still exists. We haven't been a racist country since the referendum to allow Aboriginals to vote, but there is still a core of racist attitudes as evident in this thread. I won't celebrate the day until the date is changed, so it better reflects the wishes of the indigenous and 25% of the population born overseas. Aussies love their public holidays so as long as it's changed rather than taken away, I see no issue moving the date.

Back