• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

JD Sacked

I’m not sure that is what he meant by his comment. I think he meant more that Wayne if coming would be calling the shots on who to sign.
Just as JD was too. Thats no different.
He clearly said Wayne will get whoever he wants, and recent history simply suggests otherwise is all.

Is his pulling power better? Of course.
But that’s not what was said.

I hope we hear something soon as we can’t keep going as is, and it’s completely baffling why it’s taking so long to make necessary changes. Borderline depressing!

So people still don’t realise that the “succession planning” that burns clubs every single time after Wayne leaves, are in fact part of Wayne’s terms of tenure?

I would very much doubt Bennett signing on to a “come here for two years and we’ll decide where to go from there” type deal.
I’m very much hoping, if Bennett is indeed next years coach, that we’ve convinced him to dispense with the usual succession plan.

So people still don’t realise that the “succession planning” that burns clubs every single time after Wayne leaves, are in fact part of Wayne’s terms of tenure?

I would very much doubt Bennett signing on to a “come here for two years and we’ll decide where to go from there” type deal.
I don’t think that’s a Wayne thing just a reflection of the extremely shallow coaching pool - which is not surprising given a) it’s a crap job b) the number of FG NRL coaching gigs available is very limited. And if you don’t succeed your options are few and far between

I say I don’t want a succession plan, but when they announce Wayne into Sam I won’t be able to help but be happy.

Just too use to cheering Sam. Regardless of all his drop kick off field moments.

Some habits are too hard to squash. :)

Last edited:
I say I don’t want a succession plan, but when they announce Wayne into Sam I won’t be able to help but be happy.

Just too used to cheering Sam. Regardless of all his drop kick off field moments.

Some habits are too hard to squash. :)
Who was the last “South Sydney” coach we had? Tugger? I think the rest after that had no association with Souths as a player. It’d be nice to have one of our own and hopefully for a long time.

Who was the last “South Sydney” coach we had? Tugger? I think the rest after that had no association with Souths as a player. It’d be nice to have one of our own and hopefully for a long time.
The only problem is, and I’ve seen this with other clubs I support globally, sacking a club legend if things go wrong performance wise, is so much harder due to the attachment they have with the club

The only problem is, and I’ve seen this with other clubs I support globally, sacking a club legend if things go wrong performance wise, is so much harder due to the attachment they have with the club
They marched him last year pretty quick. :)

Question - would people be happy if after the board meeting the club said we’re going to get a new coach for 2025, it’s official, but JD can coach out the season. Would you be upset/annoyed?

Question - would people be happy if after the board meeting the club said we’re going to get a new coach for 2025, it’s official, but JD can coach out the season. Would you be upset/annoyed?
That’s typically a recipe for disaster. In the corporate world once a middle to upper management figure is slated for replacement it’s expected that he’d be terminated almost immediately. The risk of poisoning the pond is too great, members of staff (read players) can grow sympathetic and hear different versions of the ‘why and how’.
plus, the poor bloke looks lIke he’s on death row as it is, why not give him a clean exit ?.

Latest posts

Back