• You must be logged in to view threads on this forum. Please sign up by clicking here to continue viewing content on the mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

Interested in your opinion

If you are/were a regular at a café (i.e. >3 times a week), and it raised its prices, would you?

• Grumble a bit, but pay it because you like the cafe / coffee / food

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Pay the first time that you learn of the price rise, but never come back

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell the cafe they're dreaming and storm out...never to darken their door again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accept the price rise with good grace and continue to come into the cafe as much as before

Votes: 28 71.8%
  • Accept the price rise with good grace BUT come into the cafe less than before

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
I'm retired. I still always pay cash for things so I can see track of my expenditure (unlike Pplspoet). I don't drink coffee but I will buy things at a small shop when I feel like a snack or cold drink. You have to run a viable business so I expect that any place I go (for anything really) provides what I want at a reasonable price with good service. If you unhappy customer can buy a coffee a lot cheaper elsewhere then you are in trouble. But it sounds like you are being reasonable to me.

Cheers

I am a bit like Ppls, I tend to not even ask the price of a coffee when I am out. I assume it will be somewhere between about 3 to 5 bucks depending on the area.

On whether I'd return after a price rise, I probably wouldn't even be aware the price had changed.

Whether I go back depends on the decor, the attitude of the staff, the general atmosphere of the place, and of course the quality of the coffee.

I get coffee from my guy because he is a great guy. He could put the price up to $10 and I'd probably still go to him. I imagine that anyone who says differently is probably in a position where they have to worry about 50 cents, which is mildly understandable.

The other side of that coin is simply that you probably shouldn't be paying for coffee at a cafe if 30-50 cents is a lot of money in your life.

Can i ask why your monthly elec bill is $3k. Maybe i can help you with that.
Would love any help I can get.

I’ll pm you my details.

And I if can help a fellow pridester all the better.

maybe a pay it forward for him - I could donate maybe 10 coffees for him
Thanks mate.

If I see him, I’ll talk to him about getting him a keep cup and he can then get it for the price he was before.

That’s a super generous offer.

As an aside (and not looking for praise) we give lots of coffees away each week to the folk who are down on their luck. It’s part of being in the community and all the businesses do it to a greater or lesser extent.

I would accept the price rise but not come in as much. The burger shop I go too a grilled chicken burger was $9 and now $11 so I don’t go as often part of the reason being I’m not on a big wage.

One of the owners said I don’t see you as much and I was honest with him.

Thanks everyone...really appreciated the feedback. Most illuminating.

@callmack1 / @RabbitJ - not sure how you delete threads, or move them off this page.

Could I ask for your assistance please.

Whether I go back depends on the decor, the attitude of the staff, the general atmosphere of the place, and of course the quality of the coffee.

Those things are vital to me as well. In my local area price are all the same. I now go to another one more often as I like that they supply newspapers. I usually then end up buying another coffee or Brekky.

Still visit my old haunt but since the cancelled the newspapers I only go out of loyalty but never eat anymore or have an extra coffee

tTheres a lot of competition around where Prowsey is. How does the $4.80 compare price wise and size?

Back